Product Designer, Trucking/Transmission at Flexport
Flexport’s mission is to make global trade easy for everyone. To achieve this goal, The Flexport User Experience team creates end-to-end user experiences for our clients, partners, and operations teams. We are seeking a product designer to simplify intricate workflows and surface data in a meaningful and intuitive manner. This individual enjoys complex design challenges and driving clarity from ambiguity. Product Designers are key stakeholders in the product development lifecycle, from collaborating with cross-functional partners and informing the product vision to ensuring pixel-perfect implementation. To be successful, Product Designers must be relentlessly curious, embrace change, think deeply, and communicate clearly. Join us as we lay the foundation of our vision for global trade.
As a designer on the Trucking team you will craft experiences that enable users to organize and implement the trucking portion of a shipment’s journey. You will work across a variety of products and user types, both internal and external to Flexport.You will:
- Collaborate with your cross-functional team to create high quality design solutions and inform the vision for your product.
- Inspire your team to push the boundaries towards innovation.
- Conduct user research and gather insights with guidance from researchers.
- Build prototypes to share and test concepts.
- Present work in a range of fidelities.
- Incorporate and recommend ways to extend Flexport’s design system.
- Give and solicit feedback from other designers to continually raise our bar for quality.
- 3-5 years professional hands-on design experience.
- Strong portfolio of product design work illustrating successfully launched products.
- Please include a link and password to your portfolio.
- Demonstrated strategic product thinking.
- Proven ability to bring projects from concept to completion.
- Expert understanding and application of user-centered design methods.
- Experience working and collaborating with product teams in a dynamic, environment.
- Ability to strongly articulate your work and rationale.
- A degree in HCI, UX, Interaction Design, or related field is preferred.
We believe global trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make global trade easier for everyone. We aim to do this by building the Operating System for Global trade - a strategic model combining advanced technology and data analytics, logistics infrastructure, and supply chain expertise. Flexport today connects almost 10,000 clients and suppliers across 109 countries, including established global brands like Georgia-Pacific as well as emerging innovators like Sonos. Started in 2013, we've raised over $1.3B in funding from SoftBank Vision Fund, Founders Fund, GV, First Round Capital and Y Combinator. We’re excited about the three big ways we’re moving forward after our recent $1B investment from SoftBank Vision Fund in February 2019.Worried about not having any freight forwarding experience?
- Don’t be! We’re building the first Operating System for Global Trade. That’s why it’s incredibly important for us to bring people from diverse backgrounds and experiences together with our industry veterans to help move the freight forwarding industry forward.
- What’s freight forwarding and why does it matter? Freight forwarding is the coordination and shipment of goods from one place to another and it’s what makes global trade possible. Flexport is on a mission to make global trade easier for everyone because we believe it can help connect the world and break down economic barriers.
- We know this industry is complex. That’s why we invest in education starting day one with Flexport Academy, a one week intensive onboarding program designed specifically to set every new Flexport employee up for success.
At Flexport, our ability to fulfill our mission of making global trade easy for everyone relies on having a diverse, dedicated and engaged workforce. That is why Flexport is committed to creating and nurturing an environment where anyone can be their authentic self. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical and mental disability, health status, marital and family status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law.