This role will help dramatically grow SpotHero’s business through leading the design for our HeroConnect platform. HeroConnect allows partners like Google, Google Assistant, Android Auto, Hertz, and many more of the the world's largest automotive and tech companies to add SpotHero services to their products. Your collaboration with these partners will help SpotHero pave the way for the future of mobility, autonomous cars, and more.
Additionally, you will work on SpotHero’s award winning Product and fastest growing business unit, SpotHero for Business. Here you will help us continue to shape our award winning user experience for all business travelers across North America.
Across these two products, you will utilize a full range of skills from consultation, product design (both native and web), interaction design, and visual design.
Our Product Design team solves incredibly hard problems each and every day to create an experience for our customers that strives to be nothing short of breathtaking. We have incredibly high standards, especially when it comes to our team. SpotHero marries the craft of user research, both qualitative and quantitative analysis, with amazing and fast-paced execution, to form the best Product & Design team around with a user, data, and design-centric culture.
Who we are: SpotHero is one of transportation's hottest tech companies! We’re rapidly growing with the mission of bringing the parking industry into the future through technology. Drivers across the nation use the SpotHero mobile app or website to reserve convenient, affordable parking on-the-go or in advance, and parking companies rely on us to help them reach new customers while optimizing their business. We connect the dots with cutting-edge technology, delivering value to both sides of this exciting, evolving marketplace.
What will you do?
- Create holistic design solutions that address business and user requirements by considering the entire customer experience.
- Communicate conceptual ideas, design rationale, and specifics of the user-centered design process within a cross-functional team.
- Design and execute user research and usability studies, collecting and reacting to user feedback.
- Formulate and test hypotheses based on user research and behavioral analytics.
- Define UX and UI requirements by working directly with your product manager and engineering team to execute a consistent experience across systems and products.
- Create user flows, design documentation, prototypes, pixel-perfect design assets, and other UX deliverables.
- Collaborate on our evolving style guides
- Believe design has a scientific intent, and that you can measure your success based on the business value you create.
- You're a self-starter who actively seeks ways to make the SpotHero experience both visually appealing and easy to use.
- Have a deep knowledge and understanding of responsive web design.
- Are passionate about user-centered design.
- Are passionate about learning.
- Are passionate about working and collaborating to build a great product.
- Love rolling up your sleeves and talking to users, out in the field, a lot!
- Love turning the complex simple.
- Love iterative development
- Are excited to conduct usability tests, A/B testing, and contextual research. You’ll need to interpret results and surface learnings to the organization.
- Are a solid communicator possessing strong presentation and verbal & written communication skills.
- Exceptionally organized and very comfortable working with engineering and product managers.
- Have the self-motivation to drive projects forward that have an undefined direction or requirements.
- Solid understanding of the design process, information architecture, usability, and heuristics
- Must have a firm understanding of different UI constructs for web, iOS, and Android with a strength in mobile design
- Knowledge and efficiency with UI design tools such as InVision and Sketch
- 3-5 years professional experience designing web applications
- Experience designing complex workflow automation applications
What we are offering:
Career game changer – A truly unique experience to work for a fast-growing startup in a role with unlimited potential for growth.
Excellent benefits – We cover 90% of Medical Premiums, 50% of Dental & Vision Premiums, and offer company sponsored Life Insurance.
Flexible PTO policy, generous parental leave, and great work/life balance – We value and support each individual team member.
Fun perks like snacks, catered lunches, happy hours, wellness programs, and SpotHero swag.
Annual parking stipend (duh – we help people park!).
The opportunity to collaborate with fun, innovative, and passionate people in a casual, yet highly productive atmosphere.
- A workplace recognized as the Best Consumer Web Company by Built in Chicago, Top Company Culture by Entrepreneur, a Top Workplace by Chicago Tribune, and one of Chicago’s Best Places to Work for Women Under 35 by Crain’s Chicago Business.
- Plus, true ownership of your design in an environment where you can rapidly grow based on your execution
Steps to apply: Please include your portfolio/dribbble/etc username and/or links to any projects that represent your skill set. We love seeing work that others loved working on.