Senior Graphic Designer - Zoro
In the past seven years, Zoro has grown from a group of 6 people working out of a 2,000 square foot building, offering fewer than 100,000 products to a group of 250+ working out of a 60,000+ square foot building, offering more than 1,900,000 unique products.
In addition to designing and maintaining improvements to the Zoro.com website, the Senior Graphic Designer will act as the Style Guru for Zoro.com. The Senior Graphic Designer will be responsible for taking on the most complex requests, and delivering a high-quality design without requiring a high level of review. He or she will also take part in mentoring other designers on the team in a positive way to achieve design goals and follow the Zoro Style. The ideal candidate will enjoy working closely with all business units and all levels. He or she will be flexible, self-motivated, detail-oriented, and have respect for consistency, but most of all, will absolutely love solving problems through design.
- Lead the creation and evolution of the Zoro.com style that ensures our brand voice
- Lead the creation of ground-breaking online retail experience in the MRO space
- Lead the design of highly complex requests and mentor those working on less complex requests
- Help develop and direct other associate or mid-level designers on the Zoro.com team
- Review designs and provide constructive feedback to designers
- Respond to shifting workloads and multiple priorities
- Adhere to schedules and maintain high-quality work
- Guide and maintain great communications and collaboration with all business partners
- Design new elements and re-imagine existing elements to support merchandising and branding initiatives.
- Lead the development of a functional style guide to be used and referred to by development, graphic design, and UX.
- BA/BS/BFA required, MA a plus, in visual communication, graphic design, or similar field
- 7+ years directly related, professional web design experience, especially for responsive and mobile sites
- Demonstrated success working in a fast-paced environment with several internal partners
- Detailed functional knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite, especially Photoshop and InDesign
- Functional knowledge of Axure or other prototyping tools
- Experience with content management systems
- Proven knowledge of UI and user experience, especially for Ecommerce websites
- Experience in A/B testing, and creating interactive prototypes for responsive and mobile sites
- Results driven and able to meet multiple deadlines
- Excellent command of the English language
Zoro is an Equal Opportunity Workplace and an Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.