Senior Product Designer, Consumer at SpotHero
Who we are:
SpotHero is one of Chicago’s hottest tech companies! We’re rapidly growing with the mission of bringing the parking industry into the future through technology.
If you want to make the world a better place, it turns out that parking spaces are a fantastic place to start! Why did you miss that critical appointment? Parking. Why were you stressed and sweating on that first date? Parking.
If there were a way to make people impervious to parking problems, that would solve more than just a question about where to leave one’s car. That would help people be fully present in their lives. That would make a difference! And that’s what SpotHero does. SpotHero isn’t just in the parking space business, we’re also in the business of creating space for life.
So if you’re looking for a job where there’s space for you—the whole you—and where you get to use all your skills to build something new, exciting, fast-growing, and truly world-changing, then great, come to SpotHero!
About the role:
SpotHero is seeking a Senior Product Designer to lead design for a consumer-facing area! This crucial role will positively impact our business by improving the customer experiences across iOS, Android, and the web and ensure that SpotHero customers continue to use SpotHero for all of their parking needs.
Our Product Design Team solves challenging problems every day to create the best experience for our customers. We marry user research—both qualitative and quantitative—with fast-paced execution to form a user, data, and design-centric culture.
What will you do?
- Create holistic design solutions for our millions of customers that address their needs by considering the entire customer experience.
- Communicate conceptual ideas, design rationale, and specifics of the user-centered design process within a cross-functional team.
- Glean insights about our current and future users from qualitative and quantitative research.
- Design user research and usability studies, collect and react to user feedback.
- Formulate and test hypotheses based on user research and behavioral analytics.
- Work directly with your product manager, engineering team, and product design to define UX and UI requirements that create a consistent experience across channels and products.
- Create user flows, design documentation, prototypes, high-fidelity mocks, and other UX deliverables.
- Create thoughtful growth experiments through innovative design solutions and test against 3M monthly visitors.
- Collaborate on our evolving design system.
- Believe design has a scientific intent, and you can measure your success based on the business value you create.
- Are a self-starter who actively seeks the "why" in order to make the SpotHero experience easy and enjoyable to use.
- Know how to navigate through the unknown.
- Have a deep knowledge and understanding of responsive web design, iOS, and Android best practices
- Are passionate about user-centered design.
- Demand a collaborative environment.
- Embrace iterative development.
- Are excited to conduct usability tests, talk to users out in the field, A/B test, and then share learnings with the organization.
- Are a solid communicator possessing strong presentation and verbal & written communication skills.
- Exceptionally organized and very comfortable working with engineering and product managers.
What you bring:
- 5+ years of professional experience designing web, iOS, and Android applications.
- Drivers now can book parking right from their vehicles, so Apple CarPlay and Android Auto is a plus, but not necessary.
- A portfolio that showcases your design process, thinking, & execution.
- Solid understanding of the design process, information architecture, usability, heuristics, and designing for accessibility and inclusion.
- Must have a firm understanding of different UI constructs for responsiveness.
- Knowledge and efficiency with UI design tools - InVision and Sketch preferred.
- Ability to meet and communicate deadlines.
Seeking candidates in the below locations:
- Chicago, IL, US
- New York City, NY, US
- Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Even if you don't check all of the boxes, please still apply! We'd love to meet you + hear how you can help SpotHero drive into the future.
What we are offering:
- Career game changer – A truly unique experience to work for a fast-growing startup in a role with unlimited potential for growth.
- Excellent benefits –
- In the US, we cover up to 95% of Medical Premiums, 50% of Dental & Vision Premiums, company-sponsored Life Insurance, 401K + Employer Match, and generous parental leave.
- In Canada, we offer Medical (prescription drug and paramedical coverage), Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, STD, and LTD.
- Flexible, unlimited PTO policy and supportive work/life balance – we value and support every Hero on the team, and create space for life!
- Annual parking stipend (duh- we help people park!)
- The opportunity to collaborate with creative, innovative, and passionate people in a casual, yet highly productive, atmosphere.
- Our award-winning culture has received recognition from Built In’s 2021 Moxie Awards, as a 2021 Best Places to Work in Chicago, Top Company Culture by Entrepreneur, a Top Workplace by Chicago Tribune, and one of Chicago’s Best Places to Work for Women Under 35 by Crain’s Chicago Business.
Steps to apply:
- A link to or PDF of your portfolio, showing designs with data visualizations and any necessary passwords to view work.
- A link to your LinkedIn profile.
At SpotHero, we Respect Fellow Drivers by providing an inclusive interview experience for everyone, including people with disabilities. We are happy to provide reasonable accommodations to candidates in need of individualized support during the hiring process. Please let our team know of your need when you apply or as you begin interviewing with our team.
SpotHero is an equal opportunity employer. We know that a diverse workforce is the strongest workforce, and are committed to building and supporting an inclusive environment for all.
PLEASE NOTE: This position is ineligible for visa sponsorship. To be considered for this role, you must be legally authorized to work in the US or Canada and not require sponsorship for employment now or in the future.