Discover. A brighter future.
With Discover, you’ll have the chance to make a difference at one of the world’s leading digital banking and payments companies. From Day 1, you’ll do meaningful work you’re passionate about, with the support and resources you need for success. We value what makes each employee unique and provide a collaborative, team-based culture that gives everyone an opportunity to shine. Be the reason millions of people find a brighter financial future, while building the future you want, here at Discover.Job Description
The Card Operations BI organization is responsible for producing BI solutions, which allow Card Operation leadership to have visibility into their performance and provide insight on deficiencies.
As the UI/UX Designer for the Card Ops BI Application Team, this individual will be responsible for providing a standardized user experience across all BI products. This includes web-based interfaces and Tableau dashboards.
This role can be remote or sit in one of our locations countrywide
- Design and map the experience using journey maps; create prototypes, information architecture, wireframes, screen-flow diagrams & UI specs for testing and development
- Create and maintain design/style guides, pattern libraries, and UI elements
- Defines and implements systematic approach to create clean and functional UI
- Collaborate with the project team to flesh out concepts and quickly build prototypes to socialize with key stakeholders
- Devise interfaces that guide the end user thru the story of what happened
- Responsible for the development of products that create an innovative, best in class experience for our customers. Responsible for capturing stakeholder feature requests, analyze processes, and design workflows at a high level. Defines and creates interaction flows, wireframes, review feedback on released features, and drive new features in web or mobile apps.
- Understands the target users’ needs, motivations, and behaviors as it relates to a specific project or area
- Has familiarity with Tableau and/or other data visualization techniques
- Transition between various digital channels including web and mobile app
- Articulates user experience design issues effectively. Presents and builds consensus around design thinking and rationale with peers and stakeholders
- Balances technical and delivery constraints when creating accessible and engaging user interfaces based on complex requirements and tight deadlines
- Defines and implements systematic approach to create clean and functional UI.
- Participates in the product definition process with the team and drive the clarification of the user tasks and objectives.
- Utilizes Usability testing or A/B testing to present and validate design solutions.
- Bachelor’s degree in information technology or graphic design
- 6+ years in UX design or Information Architecture or related area
- In Lieu of education experience, 8+ years of experience in UX design or Information Architecture or related
- Expert in using Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop and Illustrator), Axure, OmniGraffle or other visual design and wire-framing tools
- Experience working in Agile/Scrum delivery teams
- Excellent communication, leadership and presentation skills
- Ability to deliver solid work on tight schedules
- Familiar with Tableau and/or other data visualization techniques
- Ability to define new approaches to complex design problems
- Understanding of HTML & CSS
- Experience designing for mobile app and responsive web
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment
- Knowledge and practice of lean product design (UCD) principles
- Experience with Tableau visualization techniques
- Familiar with Angular and NodeJs
- Financial or Call Center Operations
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Discover.