Senior User Experience Consultant - Kin + Carta Connect at Kin + Carta
Kin + Carta exists to make the world work better by delivering transformative growth for our clients. As a digital transformation firm, we apply creativity, data, and technology to help clients invent, market, and operate new digital products and services that turn prospects into customers, and customers into advocates. Kin + Carta seamlessly integrates the strategic consulting, software engineering and marketing technology needed to help businesses 'Make It Happen'.
Kin + Carta operates under an organizational model called “The Connective,” a global ecosystem of over 1,600 technologists, strategists, and creatives. Together, the Connective provides full-service capabilities for not only our clients but for employee experience and mobility.
Consultants at Kin + Carta have the opportunity to: engage with the most cutting-edge emerging technologies, solve difficult problems for some of the world’s biggest companies, and work within a breadth of industries.
Kin + Carta is headquartered in Chicago and London with offices across four continents. Our culture and shared ways of working unite us globally, but it’s our diverse specialisms, our connections, and our courage that makes Kin + Carta a recognized best place to work.
Kin + Carta Connect User Experience Designers start by listening. They listen to the problems our clients face, the goals our clients are trying to accomplish and they understand the needs of our client’s customers. Our Designers listen and understand the problem in order to identify the correct activities and deliver against the objectives. The Kin + Carta Connect User Experience team is results-focused and is grounded in using data and testing to inform our work.
AS A SENIOR UX DESIGNER…
...You’ll need to hit the ground running to identify objectives, key customer traits and user flows to design multi-channel interfaces for enterprise applications. In this job, you’ll be required to design and conduct workshops, collect user research, prototype solutions, detail requirements, design layouts, and test hypotheses. You need to be a leader, running multiple tracks of work, potentially on simultaneous projects, while mentoring junior level team members. Communication is key and you’ll need to plan and facilitate internal and stakeholder reviews giving you a chance to explain your design choices and rationale. You’ll need to understand the complexity of the platforms and collaborate and coordinate across disciplines to ensure that your designs can be developed.
- Collaborated with client stakeholders, visual designers, developers and functional analysts to define business problems and project objectives
- Participate in requirements-gathering sessions
- Analyze and document user flows from start to finish and across channels
- Evaluate existing sites and applications to determine usefulness, usability, efficient task completion, and layout
- Conduct interviews, competitive research, design explorations, and strategic analysis
- Identify and understand the client business context, demands and opportunities
- Identify key ideas to drive projects and how to implement them in multiple channels
- Reviews and understands analytics and customer data to inform the platform/product strategic direction
- Design interactive experiences for large-scale web-based applications and that is useful to users
- Created interactive prototypes using tools such as InVision, Sketch, Flinto, Framer, and/or Axure
- Developed personas/segmentations based on research findings
- Understanding of designing for accessibility
- Provide deliverables including proof of concept documents, wireframes, user flows, use cases, and user scenarios
- Create clear briefings for our visual designers and produce lean documentation of features
- Works with the Analytics team to design testable solutions aligned to the objectives of the project.
- Facilitate developer and stakeholder reviews
- Design and run usability testing sessions
- Collaborate with delivery teams in the discovery, implementation and release phases of an application or feature to ensure requirements are met: Track and monitor progress on development and quality of the experience
- Present concepts to clients and internal stakeholders while explaining your rationale
- Lead a track of work within a larger project
- Mentored other experience designers
- Facilitate workshops with various teams and stakeholders
- Is proactive and collaborative, endeavoring to help the team succeed together
- Organized problem solver who can adapt to a fast-paced work environment
- Experience with visual design, data visualization, content strategy or front-end development
- Proven design experience at an interactive agency or enterprise business, with examples of successfully launched projects that demonstrate strategic, conceptual and creative thinking
- Has experience working in lean and/or agile environments
- Understands interactive experiences, channels, and design principles
- Is proficient in underlying interactive technologies, such as web and mobile
- Is respectful and inclusive with both the team and clients
- Occasional travel will be required
We welcome our Kin to show up as their full selves everyday. Because this is so important to us, Kin + Carta is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.