Senior User Experience Designer at Adage Technologies
From our ecommerce products to our large ecommerce website projects to complete business web applications at Adage all projects start with visioning, discovery and design. We are growing our team of user experience and user interface designers and looking for a digital first designer that will collaborate with us in designing and building best-in-class digital experiences for our clients.
At Adage the design team is committed to continuously pushing our practice. To do so we all participate in daily feedback loops, daily inspiration, and daily learning. We design with intent and empathy to continuously improve the digital experiences of organizations and their audiences through an informed practice. You will join a team of highly collaborative, always-learning, always-improving designers. We are big on collaboration and expect that you are to.
Senior Designers bring digital designs to life with strategy and design, and empathy for end users. A senior designer on our team has all the technical capability and soft skills to lead a design project from start to finish. A senior designer can guide a project initially open-ended and vague requirements to fully defined clickable prototypes describing the full experience.
What you’ll be doing:
- Practicing a human centered design process and asking "why?"
- Gathering requirements and establishing user journeys in workshops
- Establishing strong vision and design goals for every project
- Designing products and enterprise ecommerce websites in a component or atomic design approach
- Designing the look and feel including color and type setting or prototyping complete and often complex business rules in Axure 9.
- Validating design decisions with regular usability testing
- Collaborating with designers, developers (back end and front end), and project managers
- Collaborating when needed on marketing and sales collateral
- Giving and taking feedback
The role requires:
- 5 to 7 years’ experience at an agency, product company, or startup in a design role
- Bachelor’s degree or Master’s degree in one of the creative arts, Digital Media, Human and Computer Interaction, Design Thinking, or equivalent work experience
- Eagerness to learn and desire for feedback and continuously improving their design output
- Eagerness to be client facing including leading design thinking workshops with clients, and end users
- Eagerness to advocate internally and externally for Adage strategy and design services
- Effective communication of design decisions to team members and clients
- Effective project management and time management skills to be autonomous in scheduling and managing design budgets
- Strong prototyping skills in Axure and or Figma
- Strong background in leading digital projects from open ended and vague to clearly understood and mapped
- Strong portfolio of working websites or digital experiences
- Passion for technology and a desire to design websites and web apps
- Appreciation of technical limits, scope, timeline and budget, as needed constraints for successful design
- Working knowledge of HTML, CSS, and JS
A digital portfolio is required for consideration.
What Adage Offers
Adage has consistently been recognized as one of Chicago’s 101 Best and Brightest Companies to Work For, one of the Best Places to Work in Illinois, and on the Crain’s list of Best Places to Work in Chicago. We have a people first approach, and support our employees with the things that matter most. You’ll enjoy work life balance with flex schedules, work from home options, and 20+ days paid time off annually. Adage offers great benefits with 90% employer paid insurance, profit sharing bonuses, 401k, and FSA. We have monthly happy hours, quarterly social events, an annual retreat, and a great office environment with a stocked kitchen.
Adage Technologies is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to building a team that represents and respects diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and skill sets. All qualified candidates that share Adage's core values are strongly encouraged to apply.