Senior Visual Designer (Contract) - Kin + Carta Connect at Kin + Carta
Kin + Carta is a digital transformation organization. As one of the key strategic pillars, Kin + Carta Connect is a full-service digital agency that strategizes, designs, builds, implements, tests, and optimizes world-class, global, and multi-channel experiences.
As a Visual Designer, you are a talented and driven designer who partners with technology to make gorgeous, ground-breaking work that solves problems. The Visual Designer will work with a cross-functional team, alongside the Art Director to design the conception of digital designs for digital experiences. Working with User Experience Designers, functional analysts, and technology, the Visual Designer will be building visual designs that help define the user interface on client engagements across a variety of channels and platforms. As a Visual Designer, you will be integral to help deliver and implement high quality digital design solutions for a wide range of exciting projects; from conceptual stages, through to visual design, prototyping and final delivery.
Candidates will further work with the Art Director to continuously seek opportunities to improve and evangelize the practice and discipline of Visual Design. This will be outward facing among the wider internal company and client, and inward facing in the form of sharing your work with others within the company. Kin + Carta prioritizes high quality output of design through brand and experience, and the team relies heavily on its members to act when that quality can be improved.
Candidates should be creative and imaginative thinkers with a passion for digital dedicated to producing exceptional, cutting edge work. Confident in their ability to design creatively with an assured style, they seek to push the boundaries in any medium.
We’re looking for an individual with initiative to confidently represent their ideas, flexibility to accept critique, and passion to inspire and be inspired.
- Consistent ability to produce design and communicate fresh ideas and visual concepts of an exceptional standard for every project
- Forge and execute innovative, visually beautiful and commercial viable concepts for digital customer experiences
- Introduce and apply expert design and craft to the visual elements of digital experiences
- Collaborate with the wider K+C team to execute tailored creative solutions for new and existing clients business requirements
- Actively participate in internal and external brainstorming design sessions with other members of the project team
- Inspire and motivate clients to be creatively progressive, through the application of fresh and inventive work
- Develop creative strategies that are forward-thinking and in-line with current trends, forging and executing exciting digital ideas with emerging technologies
- Produce sketches, mood boards and design layouts to communicate ideas to clients, with a strong consideration of copy
- Produce high quality interaction design solutions, exhibited in wireframes, specification documentation and prototypes
- Be highly knowledgeable of best practice web design, user experience and user interface design, including a strong awareness of best practice accessibility standards
- Demonstrate a clear understanding and ability to translate brands into digital executions and think ‘digital first’ when creating design experiences
- Ability to create detailed, consistent design systems into Style Guides that can easily be interpreted by development partners.
- A strong background, with 1-3 years of visual design experience, preferably some in an agency environment
- Digital project experience
- Strong interpersonal and collaboration skills. Ability to take rejection and criticism well and to be able to adapt ideas to clients' and colleagues' requirements
- The ability to work with minimal supervision, prioritize work and meet client deadlines working with other team members
- Problem solving, logical thinker with meticulous attention to detail
- Self-motivator with excellent organizational and time management skills. A diligent approach to general housekeeping, filing of work, assets, essential information, etc. and diary management
- Displayed experience on larger digital teams
- Highly imaginative hands on creative thinker who is curious about clients' products or services, with an excellent knowledge of UI design and an appreciation for branding
- High levels of motivation and perseverance with a strong sense of belief in your ideas with the confidence to express them, coupled with a flexible approach and willingness to adapt your ideas to client needs and budget
- Proficient understanding of user-centered design, user experience and information architecture and an understanding of designing to accessibility standards
- Some experience crafting large scale sites and designing for platform experience, including localization and multilingual solutions, as well as smaller digital services
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
About Kin + Carta
Kin + Carta exists to make the world work better by delivering transformative digital growth for our clients. As a digital transformation firm, we apply creativity, data, and technology to help clients invent, market, and operate new digital products and services that turn prospects into customers, and customers into advocates. Kin + Carta seamlessly integrates the strategic consulting, software engineering, and marketing technology needed to help businesses 'Make It Happen'.
Consultants at Kin + Carta have the opportunity to: engage with the most cutting-edge emerging technologies, solve difficult problems for some of the world’s biggest companies, and work within a breadth of industries.
Kin + Carta is headquartered in Chicago and London with offices across four continents. Our culture and shared ways of working unite us globally, but it’s our diverse specialisms, our connections, and our courage that makes our firm a recognized best place to work.
We welcome our Kin to show up as their full selves every day. Because this is so important to us, Kin + Carta is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. To read further about our commitment to Inclusion, Diversity, Equity, and Awareness, check out our IDEA page on our website.
If you need accommodations at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.