Sr Product Designer
Reports to: Creative Director
We deliver the most advanced and flexible learning experience for certification, credentialing, test prep, continuing education, and training. Our cloud-based learning platform helps training organizations, associations and the extended enterprise deliver a highly engaging and effective learning experience for individuals looking to advance their careers. We incorporate the latest in learner-centered technology, including personalization, gamification, data science, usability and omni-channel delivery.
We’re sitting in a pivotal time in the BenchPrep history. The number of learners on our cloud-based learning platform has reached almost 7 million in 2021.
We’re committed to helping people learn better, and that starts with our own employees.
Speaking of our people, in March 2020, we put safety first and quickly moved our people to working remotely. We’ve learned that our employees are really productive working at home and still (mostly) work remotely. Our first core value is “People First” and the pandemic has reinforced how true this value reigns to us. What is the future of BenchPrep’s plans for working in-office or remote? We haven’t finalized that, but what we do know is that collaboration and connection are our top priorities. Remote, in-office (Chicago), or hybrid... employees know how they work best. Let us know what your preferences or requirements are for being remote only, hybrid or in-office.
About the role:
You will join a high-functioning design team, sitting within the product management function, and working closely with our engineering team and technical product owners. In this role you'll get to own projects with real user impact and be in a great team of passionate design, product, and software engineers in a fun, collaborative, and engaging environment.
As a Sr Product Designer, you will oversee all user experience, business requirements, and design aspects from conception to delivery. You’ll work with designers, technical product owners, and engineers to develop a cohesive experience throughout our platform in order to increase user satisfaction. You will also review junior designers’ work to ensure high-quality products.
Challenges you’ll work on:
- Delivering visually beautiful UIs and experiences that stand out to our modern day learners.
- Defining products and guiding decisions driven by research and UX methodologies.
- Ownership of product experiences end-to-end within the team.
- Managing multiple design requests in a timely fashion, with competing priorities and deadlines.
Skills and experiences we value:
- Extensive experience (we think 5-7 years is in the sweet spot) within the Design or UX functions with product-based companies.
- Deep experience building design systems and UI frameworks like Material Design and Vuetify.
- Strong knowledge of UI/UX design tools such as Figma, Adobe Creative Suite and a strong understanding of UI and UX design techniques
- Experience with multi-product enterprise platforms and SAAS preferred.
- Has an understanding of usability testing and its process and of layout principles, aesthetic design concepts, and typography.
- Strong understanding of HTML and CSS, wireframing and prototyping.
- Coordinate with designers, engineers, and TPOs to ensure accurate communication and efficiency in the design phase
Note: We know that excellent candidates can have all sorts of backgrounds and experiences, so please don’t hesitate to apply even if you don’t meet 100% of the listed requirements!
We are looking for someone with a track record of building successful products, with portfolio examples of product, interaction and design work. Please upload a PDF of your portfolio or link to your website within your resume to apply.
Life at BenchPrep:
We work at BenchPrep because we’re dedicated to the mission and each day we have an opportunity to be challenged and learn. We work hard and have lots of fun. Culture is our lifeline at BenchPrep. We celebrate our people, both professionally and personally. We care about learning so much that we offer employees $1,200 annually to develop their skills so they can continue to operate everyday with new skills. It’s no wonder we were selected in Inc’s Best Workplaces of 2020 and Crain’s 2020 Best Places to Work in Chicago lists.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We are looking for high performing and motivated professionals who are excited about the chance to leverage technology to impact the lives of millions of learners. Join us.