Who we are: Founded in 2001, Vivid Seats (NASDAQ: SEAT) is a leading online ticket marketplace committed to becoming the ultimate partner for connecting fans to the live events, artists, and teams they love. We believe in the power of experiences and are fiercely dedicated to building products that inspire human connections. Named as one of Built In Chicago's top 10 places to work in 2021, we believe that our People are our greatest competitive advantage. To support our People, we have built a company culture that empowers our employees to embrace challenges, encourages unity through collaboration, and seeks to constantly evolve by leveraging data and inspiring innovation.
The Opportunity: The Lead UX Designer is responsible for vividseats.com's end-end user experience, while bringing simplicity, intuitiveness, surprise and delight. You will lead concepting, prototyping, balancing user experience, motion and visual design aligned to business goals to create a best-in-class digital experience for Vivid Seats.
How your role expectations will progress as a UX Designer in the first 30, 90, and 180 days:
30 days in
- Complete new hire orientation, gaining the resources you need to be successful.
- Learn how ticket marketplaces operate and how you'll contribute to providing great experiences for our customers.
- Acclimate to team and company norms, business objectives, and Vivid Seats values.
- Meet and greet product, engineering and analytics teams and stakeholders.
- Start familiarizing yourself with strategic documents around future customer engagement.
90 days in
- Create product designs for Vivid Seats end-to-end user experience, collaborating with research, and owning design and prototypes with minimal oversight.
- Contribute to our approaches, methods, or technologies to support overall business goals and drive team efficiencies.
- Establish, maintain, and facilitate internal partnerships to achieve progress and advance objectives.
- Display leadership by being an example of continued growth in your role and looking for opportunities to mentor and encourage junior designers.
180 days in
- Design and implement process improvements that positively impacts the team.
- Play an active role in continued learning to advance skill sets necessary for team goals.
- Deepen understanding of customers, our users, and contribute to the evolving Vivid Seats personas to guide future user experience and product strategies.
- Bring observations and defined strategies of opportunities to drive initiatives to level up the UX design team effectiveness internally and in the company.
What You'll Bring:
- 4+ years' experience as a User Experience Designer, with experience as design lead or equivalent
- Experience in the B2C / eCommerce space
- Solid understanding of UI/UX philosophies, design thinking and processes
- Experience with responsive web design and cross browser/cross platform development
- Experience with designing for native app
- Able to manage project work and competing design deadlines while keeping the team apprised and updated with progress before designs are finalized
- Stay on the cutting edge of what's new in user experience, identifying opportunities and experimenting with applying new interaction patterns
- Develop prototypes and wireframes to communicate ideas to stakeholders
- Conduct research tasks such as planning and partnering with user research analysts to create usability tests, A/B testing and site surveys. Be able to report feedback and findings, and use those results to inform future customer experience designs
- Experience and/or willingness to work in an agile/lean environment
Communication Skills: As a lead designer with an eye for usability, you also turn this lens to how you facilitate meetings, present your designs, and write emails. You are looking for more effective ways for your audience to consume the content you are conveying – regardless of medium and channel. Your end user is the customer as well as your internal partners and stakeholders. As a design group, we seek to continually update our communication skills to increase engagement and comprehension.
Problem Solving Skills: At Vivid Seats we encourage growth mindset, always be excited about the user problems, be keen to learn more and keep exploring avenues to collaborate and problem solving. You must be able to come up with creative solutions and consider a variety of alternative solutions for each problem along with other members on UX and Product teams.
Interpersonal Skills: You must display a genuine passion for product-centric innovation; an ability to work well independently as well as collaboratively; must have a keen and exceptional attention to detail; and more importantly, an ability to identify root recommendations inspired by the customer's needs and behaviors.
We are an equal opportunity employer that values the critical importance of a diverse workforce and sense of belonging. Many of our roles have flexible requirements and we encourage you to apply regardless of whether you meet every qualification.
Vivid Seats provides competitive compensation; bonus incentives; PTO; mental health days; medical, dental, and vision insurance; 401K matching; monthly credits and discounts for attending live events; snack allowances; and a variety of additional workplace perks.