User Experience Architect - Zoro
In the past six years, Zoro has grown from a group of 6 people working out of a 2,000 square foot building, offering fewer than 100,000 products to a group of 235+ working out of a 60,000+ square foot building, offering more than 1,800,000 unique products.
The User Experience Architect role is an entry-level role and will collaborate closely with the user experience team as a whole to help us provide a delightful experience for our customers. The User Experience Architect is detail oriented, is empathetic, curious, and a willing advocate for the most important part of Zoro: our customers. He or she will work closely and successfully with all personalities and levels to support ground-breaking functionality and design.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist in conducting usability tests, heuristic reviews, and other user and competitive research to support website improvements and the creation of user personas and experience scenarios.
- Help conduct multivariate testing on zoro.com and analyze the results to determine user response
- Use web analytics and feedback data to inform design changes
- Produce and improve site maps, site-flow diagrams, and wireframes to convey how the site will work from a practical perspective.
- Help create interaction models and prototypes to capture desired user experience translated into functional specification.
- Create project briefs, presentations, user flows, site maps, taxonomies, wireframes, competitive analysis and other necessary documentation to communicate the recommended user experience to internal stakeholders, as well as the outcomes of changes and tests.
- Gather feedback and work closely with all teams at Zoro to implement new and improved features based on that feedback and company initiatives.
- Prepare task plans and research reports summarizing goals, hypothesis and results
- Assist translating results of the research into actionable recommendations for designers, product managers and product stakeholders
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent preferred
- 1-3 years of experience in related field preferred
- Up-to-date with the latest UX trends, techniques, and technology
- Strong knowledge of usability principles and techniques
- Experience in creating wireframes, storyboards, user flows, process flows and site maps. Experience with mobile or responsive websites a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to come up with new ideas and experiment to find the best solution
- Pragmatic with a passion for usability
- A strong empathy for users and a desire to advocate for them
- Outstanding communication, organization, time management, and interpersonal skills.
- Experience in the native design environment (Photoshop, Illustrator, Sketch, Axure, Balsamiq, InVision, Visio, etc.)
- Experience with web-based analytic tools a plus (Optimizly, Heap, Peek, Google Analytics, ClickTale, etc.)
Zoro is an Equal Opportunity Workplace and an Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.