User Experience Designer (Contract) at Kin + Carta
At Kin + Carta, we’ve got opportunities to offer you — for growth, for leadership, for big, world-changing impact and for, dare we say it, fun. We are a global workforce that is committed to building a world that works better for everyone. And that starts with our Kin. That’s why we’re proud of:
- The life we create within our virtual walls, every day
- Being B Corp certified
- Our honor as a “Best Large Firm to Work For” by Consulting Magazine
Kin + Carta is seeking a User Experience Designer on a contract basis to help us design amazing experiences for our Fortune 500 clients and their customers. If you’re passionate about emerging tech and have a deep understanding of human-centered design and interaction design read on!
At Kin + Carta, we provide great design through a few key principles. We Instill Confidence for a more confident user, we Reduce Complexity to make experiences feel easy, and we Provoke Delight because we don’t just design for usability, we aim to create experiences that people love.
As a User Experience Designer at Kin + Carta, you’ll be responsible for leveraging UX research insights, communicating your ideas visually, designing concepts for interactions, understanding and organizing complexities, promoting modern interaction design patterns and best practices, and working with cross-functional teams to build and test your digital experiences.
As a trusted advisor to our clients on their digital experiences, you’ll have the opportunity to make a real impact on their understanding and implementation of design practices. While collaborating with our other experts in design, research, software engineering, quality assurance, technical architecture, and product strategy, you’ll learn something new daily, and we hope to learn from you, too!
We want all new hires to succeed in their roles at Kin + Carta. That's why we've outlined the job requirements below. To be considered for this role, it's important that you meet all Minimum Qualifications. If you do not meet all of the Preferred Qualifications, we still encourage you to apply.
- 2+ years of experience
- A bachelor’s degree in art, design, or equivalent experience in a related field
- Demonstrated excellence in interactive design, information architecture, and translating research into design decisions
- A portfolio of work proving your visual design ability with platform guidelines (iOS, Android) and responsive web design
- Able to manage your own time on single or multiple projects, whether working independently or collaboratively with a team
- Proficient in design tools such as Sketch and Adobe products and prototyping tools such as InVision and Proto.io
- Experienced in Agile, lean, or other iterative product development approaches (design sprints, scrum, kanban)
- Confident in presenting work and articulating user experience issues and concerns to team members and stakeholders
- Empathetic with the business and client when constraints are present
- A genuine interest in building a diverse community of people and practices
- A compassionate mindset of ethical, inclusive human-centered design
- A commitment to designing for accessibility
About Kin + Carta
Kin + Carta is a global digital transformation consultancy committed to working alongside our clients to build a world that works better #ForEveryone. Our 1,700 curious minds make creative connections between people, data and technology to create connected outcomes across the full lifecycle of the product and platform ecosystems.
We’re makers, builders and creators by nature, and we come to work every day to build experiences for some of the world’s most influential companies. We help businesses accelerate their digital roadmap, rapidly innovate, modernize their systems, enable their teams and optimize for continued growth.
We are a technology business with trust and human connection at its heart. As a Certified B Corp, our triple bottom line focus on people, the planet and profit is at the core of everything we do.
We welcome our Kin to show up as their full selves every day. Because this is so important to us, Kin + Carta is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. To read further about our commitment to Inclusion, Diversity, Equity and Awareness, check out the IDEA page on our website.
If you need accommodations at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.