UX Designer at PerkSpot
Work directly with America's best employers to bring joy to millions of employees!
Chicago + Remote: We have a solid footprint in Chicago, but we also hire exceptionally talented people who reside elsewhere.
We love the friendships we've forged in our Chicago office. But let's be real; things have changed. We don't plan to all return 100% in-office, but our office and gym are open on an optional basis for all employees who feel comfortable, including happy hours and team events. However, because culture and relationships are important to us, all candidates should be open to being in-office with their teams at pre-arranged times throughout the year. The specifics vary by role, so please discuss your plans with the hiring team.
Hi, welcome to PerkSpot. We’re looking for laser-focused and highly intuitive individual to join our team as a UX Designer.
Being a tech company, our product is the most important thing at PerkSpot. It needs to be functional, user-friendly and above all, free of glitches and bugs. That’s where you come in - through your in-depth knowledge of user experience and our product’s tech capabilities, you will design and release product features that will help PerkSpot’s users for years to come.
PerkSpot is an employee benefits company that works with America’s top employers to offer exclusive discounts, rewards, and recognition to millions of employees. These exclusive perks and savings are a great recruitment and retention tool that allows employees to take advantage of unique opportunities and feel great about the company they work for. We help employees from over 1,000 companies like Spotify, Walgreens, McDonald's, and Lyft save on everything from gym memberships and movie tickets to electronics, new cars, and travel.
Profitable and growing, our company was founded in 2006 by good people with a great vision, and we’re carrying on the work they started. In 2018, our company was proud to announce an additional investment of $50 million dollars from Susquehanna Growth Equity. As we continue to grow, we’re excited about our leadership position in the industry, but we’re also committed to doing more - developing better products, reaching more employers, and getting more employees engaged with our platform. Our passion is to make every place a great place to work, starting with our own. We’re a big platform, but a small team. That means we’re going to trust you with more responsibility than you’d have anywhere else and invest in your success and growth more than any other employer.
Meet the Product Development Team
The Product Development team works collaboratively to set our product roadmap and strategize ways to accomplish its goals, while keeping consumer experience and product functionality top of mind. As a UX Designer, you will function as the authority for all things user experience and product usefulness. In collaboration with our product development and engineering teams, you will be responsible for designing user-facing products for the web and our mobile app, and manage these designs through their development, testing, and release to the public.
Life as the UX Designer:
- Partner with key stakeholders to learn all about the PerkSpot product and its business objectives
- Working with product development and engineering teams to design and deploy components for PerkSpot products
- Meet with products managers to discuss product requirements, and then translate these requirements into detailed, functioning prototypes
- Collaborate with developers to monitor the dev process and maintain its efficiency
- Assist in QA testing products before launch; source and solve any issues that arise
- Keep PerkSpot’s standards top priority in all designs - ensure that every product design meets all accessibility and quality requirements
- Constantly think of ways to make the PerkSpot experience better for its users and our clients
- Attend regular design and product development team meetings, to accept feedback and make improvements
- Keeping tabs on existing industry developments
- Attending team and staff meetings to go over company goals, success benchmarks, and active marketing strategies
What we’re looking for:
- 3+ years of experience in UX design for a product-focused tech company
- Experience collaborating with product managers, developers, and stakeholders
- Portfolio showcasing examples of user-facing web and mobile product designs
- Proven proficiency in prototyping softwares such as Figma, Adobe XD, or Sketch
- Past success turning a wide range of product requirements into designs
- Familiarity with the basics of web development and accessibility requirements
- Knowledge of responsive web design a plus
- Detailed understanding of modern design techniques and best practices
- Excellent communication and time management skills
- Experience listening to and implementing feedback
- Willingness to learn new concepts and tools to help us grow our business
- Eye for detail and an extremely high standard of work
- Strong organizational, project management, and multitasking skills
- Proactive, take-charge work ethic
Your First Few Months
You will start your tenure at PerkSpot by learning the PerkSpot product, as well as our plans for its future and the PD team’s product roadmap. Then you will dive into learning about the brand and its guidelines, ensuring that everything you design for our product aligns with our vision. We will then have you start prototyping and conducting daily check-ins to make sure your work is on track. By the end of your first 90 days, you’ll be a full functioning member of the PerkSpot team and be working every day to improve a product that is used by millions of people nationwide.
The Perks of Working at PerkSpot
We’re a big platform, but still a small team. That means we’re going to trust you with more responsibility than elsewhere and invest in you more. You’re going to grow – a lot.
We work out of our office in Chicago’s River North neighborhood. When we are in the office, we dress how we like, encourage flexible hours and an open time-off policy, stock a good beer selection, and we’re pretty obsessive about our coffee. Most of all, we welcome good people with lots of energy and enthusiasm.
PerkSpot offers the full suite of benefits you’d expect from a profitable, established company, including health and dental insurance, a generous parental leave policy, 401(k), pre-tax transit benefits, and fully-funded disability coverage. We have in-office bike storage, a private gym, and a shower on-site.
We hold weekly company get-togethers where we learn from what went wrong and celebrate what went right. Every week at PerkSpot, we aim a little higher and get a little bit better than the previous week.
Because we consider every member of our team to be a fundamental part of our success, we encourage everyone to be invested in our success, regardless of their position. We want every one of our employees to think like an owner: put in the effort to exceed expectations, solve problems before they come up, and always go the extra mile. It’s this drive to succeed that makes PerkSpot such an interactive and fulfilling place to work.
How to Apply
All applications will be kept strictly confidential. Please submit a resume AND cover letter (we know it is old school, but a cover letter is very important to us) telling us how you stack up to the qualifications, plus any other information you feel would be relevant to PerkSpot. Don’t be afraid to show your spark and personality!
All positions require a full background screening.
Offering a diverse, equitable, and inclusive culture is a priority at PerkSpot. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.