Hireology’s technology empowers businesses to build great teams. Over the last eight years, we’ve grown to a market-leading startup with 150 team members, while creating an award-winning culture that makes Hireology an amazing place to work.
We’re looking for a Visual Designer to join our marketing team. The designer will be charged with collaboratively defining the visual style of all web and print assets from sales deliverables to the Hireology website, representing our clean and consistent brand look in each asset.
Our ideal candidate for the Visual Designer role shows a passion for evolving and maintaining excellent visual language across all design elements, using visuals to turn complex business solutions into intuitive, simple concepts, and bringing fresh ideas to make our lean team work smarter.
The Visual Designer will report to the Content Manager, sit with our marketing team, and work with all departments across Hireology. This position is based in our Chicago office. A portfolio demonstrating the ability to maintain a common brand look and feel across media is required for this role.
As the Visual Designer, you'll be responsible for:
- Establishing, evangelizing and maintaining Hireology’s visual design across all brand materials
- Leading the design execution of all collateral pieces including: eBooks, landing pages, case studies, research reports, ads and presentation graphics
- Creating branded templates for sales collateral, email marketing, presentation decks and print ads
- Crafting beautiful illustrations, landing pages, graphs, calls-to-action and other related visual elements
- Leading internal creative review meetings and articulating design rationale
- Making timely, informed decisions taking into account facts, goals, constraints and risks of a project or task
Okay, we’ve laid out what the job is - now are you qualified? Below are the minimum qualifications we’re looking for in a Visual Designer candidate. Also, we want a chance to get to know who you are and why you applied, so please include a cover letter.
- Bachelor's degree in visual communication, digital graphic design or equivalent experience in the graphic arts
- Minimum five years of design experience for a B2B brand; agency or late-stage startup experience a plus
- A strong knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign)
- Familiarity of designing landing pages within WordPress
- Experience with email marketing (Hubspot, Mailchimp, Pardot or equivalent)
- A great eye for design with some HTML/CSS front end design skills
- Demonstrated design skills, especially concerning typography, information hierarchy, and data visualization
- A design background with experience creating a brand identity and detailed understanding of presentation, layout, composition, color, typography and readability
So what kind of person are we looking for in this role? We have a pretty unique culture here at Hireology, and the person who will be successful in this role will have:
- The ability to manage multiple design projects all the way from concept to execution and meet tight deadlines in fast-paced environment
- The mindset to be flexible and cool under pressure and an ability to shift as priorities pivot
- A startup mindset - Looking to excel in the role today with a desire to grow as our team does
- Comfort with production work and ability to work within (and improve) routine processes within the deadline – we love Trello and hope you do too
- A detail-oriented mindset with strong organizational and time management skills
- Excellent interpersonal and analytical skills; comfortable working independently, and able to thrive in a rapidly changing environment