Desktop Support Engineer (Entry Level)
The Desktop Support team does so much more than just supporting desktops. We are the first, second and sometimes third line of support for any user-facing technology including desktops, laptops, mobile devices, telephony, user management, physical and remote access control, virtual machine administration and much, much more. The Desktop Support team is a launch pad for your career at PEAK6, allowing you to partner with every technology team in the firm and discover your passion.
We’re looking for someone who is:
- A creative problem solver. You’re intellectually curious and love solving unique challenges. You ask ‘why’, and push to identify areas where we can constantly improve.
- Driven to deliver. You feel a sense of urgency, and are passionate about achieving and delivering.
- You like working with others and you do it effectively. You have your own opinion but also respect the opinions of others.
- You function well with ambiguity and are resourceful in new situations. You’re receptive to feedback and you learn from experience.
What you’ll do all day:
- (Initially) Attend high-impact trading & technology training. Our comprehensive, accelerated curriculum is not for the faint of heart. It’s a rigorous program that will teach you the business of options trading.
- Evaluate, recommend and implement solutions. We’re wide open to great ideas. We’ll give you every opportunity to share your ideas and put them into action.
- Collaborate in the planning and design of end-user solutions. We love to collaborate, share ideas and get different perspectives. You’ll work with intelligent people who value smart ideas and strong, well-informed opinions.
- Work across a variety of infrastructure systems. Our technology is the lifeblood of our business. You’ll get incredible experience building, maintaining, and supporting a wide variety of technologies including servers, workstations, printers, phone systems and other core components of our infrastructure.
- Impact our business. Each day you’ll have the chance to roll up your sleeves and work on complex technological challenges directly affecting our business.
A few reasons why you may not like us:
- You don’t like change. This is not a job for someone who likes ‘predictable’. The market is dynamic which means the work is dynamic. It’s a fast-paced environment and you need to adapt to adapt accordingly. You won’t be bored.
- You’re not the collaborative type. We’re solving pretty heady challenges. We bring ideas to the table and we work together to solve these challenges. If you’re looking to hide out and do your own thing, this might not be the right fit for you.
And a few reasons why you might love us:
- We’re not a fly by night firm. We’ve got an amazing track record of success and we foster ongoing innovation. So you get all the benefits of a stable company, while enjoying a very entrepreneurial culture.
- The team is amazing. You’ll work with people who are as energetic, smart, and driven as you are. You’ll be managed by the best, too.
- Your success will be recognized and appreciated. You’ll be able to see your direct impact on our growth. You won’t be just another cog in the machine.
- Every day is different. Expect to run across new and exciting challenges every day with opportunities to learn technologies used throughout the financial industry.
Specific Job Requirements:
- Familiarity with Microsoft Windows 7 and Windows 10.
- Basic understanding of computer networking.
- Solid troubleshooting methodology.
- Ability to work well with a wide variety of employees at all levels.
- Strong sense of urgency and time management.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Occasional after-hours work as needed.