Associate IT Manager - Mobile App Development at Walgreens
Supervises a team responsible for developing and implementing protocols that comply with established policies, procedures and standards of the specified functional area of the technology operation. Ensures work efforts are aligned in order to successfully execute tactical plans that enable business operations. Ensures successful results of designated initiatives are achieved. Ensures accurate accounting of and appropriate deployment of resources. This role may need to become actively involved, as required, to meet schedules and resolve problems.
The Associate Manager will be responsible for the native iOS development of the Walgreens mobile app. They will be responsible for providing technical leadership to the team of developers as well as working with the Mobile Product and UX teams to define the requirements and ensure the impacted solution meets the customer's needs.
- Ensures that daily production, productivity, quality, service levels, and performance objectives are accomplished. May become actively involved, as required, to meet schedules and resolve problems.
- Directly supervises a team of computer professionals and assigns them duties, monitors work-in-progress and takes corrective actions, where needed.
- Resolves technical or staffing problems as they arise, within the scope of its authority.
- May gather production, performance and other operational data to determine what changes in processes or procedures are needed to improve to meet objectives. May compile such data and present to Managers and Directors, where appropriate.
- Ensures frequent, continuous and effective communications with team members, within IT, and with stakeholders to set expectations and negotiate priorities appropriately, via both formal and informal channels / mechanisms.
- May manage budget to plan.
- Participates in the development of technical/business approaches and/or the recommendation of current system enhancements.
- Understand the underlying technologies and applications utilized within specified area of responsibility to direct how to design, develop, test, and implement priority technology requirements.
Walgreens (walgreens.com), one of the nation's largest drugstore chains, is included in the Retail Pharmacy USA Division of Walgreens Boots Alliance, Inc. (Nasdaq: WBA), a global leader in retail and wholesale pharmacy. Walgreens is proud to be a neighborhood health, beauty and retail destination supporting communities across the country, and was named to FORTUNE* magazine’s 2019 Companies that Change the World list. Approximately 8 million customers interact with Walgreens in stores and online each day. As of August 31, 2019, Walgreens operates 9,277 drugstores with a presence in all 50 states, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands, along with its omnichannel business, Walgreens.com. Walgreens also provides specialty pharmacy and mail services and offers in-store clinics and other health care services throughout the United States, most of which are operated by our health care strategic partners.
- Bachelor's degree and at least 3 years of experience in IT, Accounting, Finance, Consulting, Strategy and/or Analytics OR a High School diploma/GED and at least 6 years of experience in IT, Accounting, Finance, Consulting, Strategy and/or Analytics.
- Experience establishing & maintaining relationships with individuals at all levels of the organization.
- Experience using time management skills such as prioritizing/organizing and tracking details and meeting deadlines of multiple projects with varying completion dates.
- Experience analyzing and reporting data in order to identify issues, trends, or exceptions to drive improvement of results and find solutions.
- Experience identifying operational issues and recommending and implementing strategies to resolve problems.
- At least 1 years of experience in indirect management of team members, including assisting in the development, training and assignment of work/projects to other team members.
- Willing to travel up to/at least (choose one) 10% of the time for business purposes (within state and out of state).
- Bachelor's degree and at least 4 years of experience in IT, Accounting, Finance, Consulting, Strategy and/or Analytics OR a High School diploma/GED and at least 7 years of experience in IT, Accounting, Finance, Consulting, Strategy and/or Analytics.
- Bachelor's degree in IT, IS, or Mathematics preferred
- Experience in developing and leading iOS App development strongly preferred
- Experience in Swift programming language strongly preferred
- Background & management experience in Health Care or Pharmacy information technology is highly desired
- Experience planning, developing, and managing departmental expense and capital budgets
- Experience directly managing people, including hiring, developing, motivating, and directing people as they work