Discover. A more rewarding way to work.
At Discover Financial Services, you’ll find yourself in the company of some of the industry’s smartest and most reliable professionals. And at a company that rewards dedication, values innovation and supports growth.
Thrive in an environment that promotes teamwork and shared success. Build on a foundation of mutual respect. Join the company that understands rewarding careers like no other, with this exceptional opportunity:
At Discover, be part of a culture where diversity, teamwork and collaboration reign. Join a company that is just as employee-focused as it is on its customers and is consistently awarded for both. We’re all about people, and our employees are why Discover is a great place to work. Be the reason we help millions of consumers build a brighter financial future and achieve yours along the way with a rewarding career.
Responsible for developing large-scale, customer-facing web applications (desktop and mobile). Designs, develops, and integrates systems for digital presence by using Agile development methodologies to support existing and new product features.
- Identifies and executes opportunities to leverage agile/iterative/lean processes to deliver projects faster. Proposes ideas to better position our applications to support future business and technology initiatives. Finds ways to incorporate these ideas within planned project/release timelines. Incorporates and supports new technology/frameworks to support our continuous integration efforts.
- Ensures all projects and releases are appropriately tested and risks are mitigated. Ensures all projects have a detailed implementation and back-out plans, and are reviewed with all impacted parties in advance of scheduled releases. Continually looks for and implement ways to stabilize and improve the performance of the production environment. Implement all changes without a major incident. Clearly identifies that all known defects are understood and agreed by the business and technology prior to implementation. Minimizes the impact of problems to our users by providing effective, timely solutions.
- Responsible for application software development, testing and implementation of efficient, cost effective application solutions. Breaks down complex requirements into workable technical solutions. Assist in the evaluation of client area application software/systems requirements and processes (e.g., new features, enhancements, or maintenance). Actively participates in agile team and ceremonies.
- Completes unit and systems testing prior to the start of any user-acceptance testing. Collaborates with other developers on code reviews and process enhancements. Works with other internal IT teams to complete project activities, such as Infrastructure, Architecture, and Database teams. Ensures that code reviews are performed and documented using the approved template.
- Adheres to regulatory, PDP, Change Management, and Internet Department processes and standards, ensuring all projects are compliant. Document software and perform related duties as assigned or requested. Actively contributes to best practices to support a strong software architecture. Reduces occurrence of vulnerabilities through proper secure coding practices and having a “Security First” Mindset. Follows proper handling of sensitive data per security guidelines.
At a minimum, here’s what we need from you:
- Bachelor’s Degree Computer Science or related
Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, among other things, or as a qualified individual with a disability.
So, what are you waiting for? Apply today!