Kin + Carta is looking for an Automation Engineer to join our team on a contract basis. The Full Stack Automation Engineer will perform a variety of job responsibilities related to testing mobile, web, and backend applications across multiple platforms.
This role is posted in anticipation of upcoming client projects. We are actively interviewing with the intention to hire in the near future. As always, the Talent Acquisition team will keep candidates that are in the interview process informed of any changes to the hiring timeline.
The Automation Engineer will be responsible for, but not be limited to, the following:
- Developing automated test scripts, test plans, and test cases
- Execute automated test plans
- Maintaining and executing existing automation scripts
- Participating in functional testing, regression testing, and performance testing
- Identify bugs, issues, risks, and bottlenecks within the mobile application
- QA Automation and/or development experience
- The individual must have a passion for software testing and finding bugs in software prior to deployment
- Highly motivated self-starter; a team player who works well on cross-functional teams
- Strong analytical skills and ability to portray information in a logical and well-organized manner
- Proven record of developing strong, positive relationships with the software development team, especially developers and business analysts
- Strong work ethic and commitment to the client solution and deliverables
- Experience with Agile Project Management is a strong plus; namely Scrum
- Experience writing and executing automated acceptance criteria using Calabash, Appium, Esspresso, XCUITests, Selenium, and/or another test automation suite
- Experience in a Business Analyst or QA role for mobile applications a plus (i.e. Android, iOS)
- Experience using Git or a similar modern version control system
- Proven ability to focus on value-based testing and coverage with a dedication to delivery and time estimates
- A creative, solutions-oriented tester that focuses on testing coverage in the most effective and efficient way possible
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics, Computer Science, Mathematics or a related field
- Excellent communication skills
About Kin + Carta
Kin + Carta exists to make the world work better by delivering transformative digital growth for our clients. As a digital transformation firm, we apply creativity, data, and technology to help clients invent, market, and operate new digital products and services that turn prospects into customers, and customers into advocates. Kin + Carta seamlessly integrates the strategic consulting, software engineering, and marketing technology needed to help businesses 'Make It Happen'.
Consultants at Kin + Carta have the opportunity to: engage with the most cutting-edge emerging technologies, solve difficult problems for some of the world’s biggest companies, and work within a breadth of industries.
Kin + Carta is headquartered in Chicago and London with offices across four continents. Our culture and shared ways of working unite us globally, but it’s our diverse specialisms, our connections, and our courage that makes our firm a recognized best place to work.
We welcome our Kin to show up as their full selves every day. Because this is so important to us, Kin + Carta is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. If you need accommodations at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.