Avant is revolutionizing the world of lending by lowering the costs and barriers of borrowing for everyday people. At our core, we are a technology company that builds advanced platforms and uses custom analytics. Today, we help underserved consumers, the majority of whom get fast funding on our online platform without having to talk anyone. Tomorrow we plan to use our world class technology and underwriting capabilities to launch new products and bank partnerships that improve people’s financial lives.
Let’s get to business. We’re hiring the next class for Avant’s Data Rotational Program (ADRP). This 6-month program is designed to teach driven candidates the data and analytics skills necessary to become key contributors at Avant.
Each ADRP class undergoes a 6-month data bootcamp where they will experience intensive data training and be introduced to the organization through a wide variety of project work. During this period, candidates will spend time on both Avant’s Business Intelligence and Data Management teams learning data skills, key programming languages and understanding the ins and outs of our business. Candidates who successfully complete the bootcamp will graduate to a high-priority role on one of Avant’s analytics or product teams.
In the past, ADRPs have:
- Built a complex cash-flow model in Python to optimize cash management and inform funding strategies
- Launched major product enhancements like Originations Fees
- Designed and built significant portions of our Data Lake including key ETL pathways
- Evaluated, negotiated, and onboarded new marketing affiliates
- Conceived and implemented new reporting frameworks for financial analysis
We are looking for self-driven candidates who are hungry to learn and are excited by the prospect of working on challenging problems. Due to the nature of these projects, you will work with the company’s senior leadership on a regular basis and will become comfortable juggling multiple high-priority projects at a time.
- Bachelor’s Degree in engineering, computer science, mathematics, statistics, finance, or other technical fields
- 2-4 years of experience in an analytical or technical role
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Must be a self-starter and able to work independently as well as in a team environment
- Detail oriented with strong organizational skills
- Proven ability to analyze large datasets and translate findings
- Demonstrated project ownership or leadership experience
- Familiarity with additional programming languages is preferred (Ruby, Python, R, etc.)
- Experience working within start-up environments
- MBA and graduate school graduates welcome
- 1+ years experience with SQL programming
Why Avant is a fit for you: At Avant, we believe our values make a difference:We value, support, and help each other growWe are committed to active inclusion and diversityWe are transparent and believe the best idea winsWe succeed when our customers succeedWe get sh!t done… responsiblyAnd we keep it fun! We believe that ideas are more important than titles, everything is more fun together, everyone drives change, and everyone is an owner. While we believe the perks and benefits that we offer are terrific, nothing excites us more than having the ability to collaborate with intelligent, highly-motivated and talented people on challenging problems as we work to change the face of online lending.