Avant is dedicated to building premier digital banking solutions for the middle class through a combination of technology, analytics and superior customer service. Since 2012, Avant has connected over 1.5 million customers to over $7.5 billion in loans and 700,000 credit cards. A high growth financial technology company, Avant has been featured in The Wall Street Journal, The New York Times, TechCrunch, Fortune, Bloomberg, and has raised over $600 million of equity capital. Visit www.avant.com for more information.
You’re an ambitious python engineer who prides themselves on making great
software their customers love to use. Working within the new deposits team at
Avant, you'll be working with a microservice architecture to develop new
functionality centered around with Django. Our team has proven experience
building startups and products at fintechs and large consumer companies to help
transform the banking industry that will be working closely with you.
This position is remote eligible.
What you do at Avant:
- Collaborate with leaders and business stakeholders to develop product features.
- Develop our core banking platform and APIs in Python with Django and the Django REST framework.
- Take pride in building a reliable and scalable products while working with great colleagues, tools and frameworks.
- Be a part of a strong culture of ownership, code quality, and testing.
- We have a culture that treats engineers as both teachers and students, and encourage this by presenting weekly Lunch and Learns, hosting hackathons, and attending conferences
What you'll be doing at Avant:
- A team with years of experience in the financial services space.
- A modern Kubernetes based infrastructure.
- Backend Software Engineer, Deposits 2
- A consumer focused banking experience backed by industry-renowned investors.
- Streamlined engineering processes allowing you to quickly get set up learning, developing, and helping out with other technologies such as Swift, Kotlin, or React if you're looking to expand your engineering horizons.
Why you are a fit for Avant:
- 2 years of industry experience developing Django applications.
- Familiarity with debugging and tracing techniques with Python.
- You're an owner - you take pride in building a pixel-perfect product.
- You're not afraid to be scrappy, and understand the cost benefit of one approach to a problem vs another to better serve business strategy.
- Proficiency in Postgres.
Why Avant is a fit for you:
At Avant, we believe our values make a difference:
We value, support, and help each other grow
We are committed to active inclusion and diversity
We are transparent and believe the best idea wins
We succeed when our customers succeed
We get sh!t done… responsibly
And we keep it fun!
We believe that ideas are more important than titles, everything is more fun together, everyone drives change, and everyone is an owner. While we believe the perks and benefits that we offer are terrific, nothing excites us more than having the ability to collaborate with intelligent, highly-motivated and talented people on challenging problems as we work to change the face of online lending.
Avant is an equal opportunity employer and individuals seeking employment are considered without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation or gender identity), age, disability or genetic information or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state or local law, regulation or ordinance.