Business Process Management (BPM) Developer
Discover. A more rewarding way to work.
At Discover Financial Services, you’ll find yourself in the company of some of the industry’s smartest and most reliable professionals. And at a company that rewards dedication, values innovation and supports growth.
Thrive in an environment that promotes teamwork and shared success. Build on a foundation of mutual respect. Join the company that understands rewarding careers like no other, with this exceptional opportunity:
Join our team as an Application Development Lead, leading the creation of our next generation of Global Payment Fraud solutions. We’re looking for passionate, collaborative individuals that can help shape the evolution of payments fraud and position Discover Financial Services as the leading payments partner
The ideal candidate will have technology background in the Payment industry with 7+ years of experience utilizing BPM and the latest Distributed technologies. Understanding of credit and debit transaction and fraud, application development and delivery, data warehousing, middleware integration (Apache, MQ), benchmarking, continuous integration and delivery, and Agile development, are critical along with ava/J2ee technologies knowledge and experience
Promote a risk-aware culture, ensure efficient and effective risk and compliance management practices by adhering to required standards and processes
You will be successful in this role at Discover if you can
- Design and develop large scale BPM applications and enhancements for Payment Services Global Fraud and Risk Management custom and vendor integrated applications, in accordance with company architecture standards.
- Provide solution analysis of business requirements and subsequent creation of high level technical design documents and technical specifications, ensuring that your design and code contribution is of high quality
- Partner with the Business team and break down complex requirements into workable technical solutions. Ensure requirements are traceable from original design to final deliverables Review details design documents, test plans with QA and drive code reviews within the team.
- Lead the technical application architecture and system integration tasks and provide technical leadership for other application developers on all system development activities.
- Lead the deployment of new modules, upgrades and fixes. Responsible for quality of code and high availability of systems.
- Integrate applications to existing DFS technical environment.
- Identify, document and estimate of technical tasks for projects of varying sizes and levels of complexity.
- Develop, Perform unit and system testing of application code as well as execution of implementation activities.
- Analyze and identify technical areas of improvement within existing applications built using BPM
- Ensure compliance principles and programming standards are adhered in the technology solutions.
- Effectively communicate status, metrics on regular basis and timely escalation of risks and issues to management.
- Promote a risk-aware culture, ensure efficient and effective risk and compliance management practices by adhering to required standards and processes.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Computer Information Systems, or related field (or the equivalent work experience)
- 7 years of experience in application development, applying core design and development principles involving Business Process Management and Web application development.
- Hands on experience in IBM BPM 8.x, Process design modeling and development.
- Automation of processes with IBM BPM suite, Manage and support process applications, toolkits, snapshots and debugging.
- Analyze and identify new product features, prioritize tasks and having experience with application migration to new BPM versions.
- Experience with Rest API, CSS, HTML, Ajax services, Spring Framework, Angular, NodeJs, and other Java script technologies.
- Experience in DevOps and build tools using Jenkins, Gradle, Github., Nexus and SonarQube and other code coverage tools
- Experience with writing complex SQls, Unix and Perl scripting.
- Knowledge in the following areas is a big plus: Rabbit MQ, PCF, NoSQL, AWS technologies and Chef scripts.
- Proven experience of application architecture design, code creation, especially on larger, complex projects.
- Strong communication skills including a high command of verbal and written English.
- Strong time management and problem solving skills.
- Strong technical architecture knowledge and thought leadership.
- Be capable of independently providing high and low level application designs.
- Ability to successfully work under tight project deadlines.
- Be passionate about delivering quality, world-class solutions for your business partners and stakeholders/customers of our Company.
- Understand application development lifecycle, testing frameworks, and software quality assurance methods.
- Experience in supporting and mentoring within virtual or remote teams is a plus.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.