DRW is a technology-driven, diversified principal trading firm. We trade our own capital at our own risk, across a broad range of asset classes, instruments and strategies, in financial markets around the world. As the markets have evolved over the past 25 years, so has DRW – maximizing opportunities to include real estate, cryptoassets and venture capital. With over 1,000 employees at our Chicago headquarters and offices around the world, we work together to solve complex problems, challenge consensus and deliver meaningful results. It’s a place of high expectations, deep curiosity and thoughtful collaboration.
We are seeking a Cloud Engineer to work with teams across the firm to empower engineers as we explore firmwide solutions to empower quantitative engineers and researchers. The position will help evolve team-specific AWS environments, strengthen a cloud-based development cycle, facilitate large data flows between an on-premise network and the cloud, work with multiple stakeholders to standardize firm-wide utilization of cloud resources, and help with deployment via Terraform or similar tools. Members of the Core Infrastructure Services team are dedicated to providing reliable, flexible services which are utilized by the entire firm for many business-critical activities. A successful candidate will be able establish and build an infrastructure-as-code (IAC) repository and be quickly responsive to teammates request and work closely with colleagues in information security and infrastructure.
What you’ll be doing:
- Manage multiple AWS environments spanning teams, support development, and work with counterparts across the firm to unify cloud engineering efforts.
- Integrate services and access routes in a data intensive hybrid cloud environment.
- Create, improve, and fully automate CI/CD development cycles.
- Gather business and technical requirements and specify solutions for projects that consolidate data management under a firm-wide structure.
- Provide recommendations and create demonstration examples of hybrid cloudtechnology solutions for data engineering.
- Stay abreast of new developments in the areas of cloud technology, services, and networking.
- Work with vendors and vendor solutions to evaluate products, produce recommendations for the firm, and educate internal clients.
What we’re looking for:
- Bachelor’s degree required; post-graduate education in data science, data analytics, and/or data engineering preferred.
- 5+ years of experience working with Amazon Web Services, with exposure to other cloud vendors such as Google Cloud Platform and Microsoft Azure.
- A strong command of infrastructure-as-code tools such as Terraform, CloudFormation, and related technologies.
- Proficient with containerization and container orchestration tools such as Kubernetes within a Linux environment.
- Proficient with at least one back-end programming language such as Python, Java, Ruby, or NodeJS.
- Experience with automation in the cloud, in addition to services used inloosely coupled serverless architectures, such as Lambda, SQS, API Gateway, and DynamoDB.
- Experience with establishing highly-available and fault-tolerant big data environments in the cloud, leveraging both NoSQL and RDMS technologies such as Hadoop, Spark, PostgreSQL, potentially orchestrated with cloud-based management tools such as EMR, Athena, and RDS.
- Able to implement systems with a security-first mindset, adhering to firm-wide security policies, and best practice implementations; proficiency with cloud-based security tools such as IAM and KMS is required.
- Deep understanding of AWS’s suite of tools and services for data management and pipelining, including VPC, EMR, S3, RDS, Kinesis, Glue, Redshift, Data Pipeline, etc.
- Working knowledge of cloud-based data analytics solutions such as Databricks, and Snowflake.
- Working knowledge of networking in hybrid cloud environments.
- Must work well in a fast-paced, dynamic work environment and have strong work ethic and initiative.
- Proven ability to troubleshoot and resolve production problems while making sensible decisions in times of stress.
- Excellent verbal/written communication skills and documentation/knowledge management skills.
For more information about DRW's processing activities and our use of job applicants' data, please view our Privacy Notice at https://drw.com/privacy-notice.
California residents, please review the California Privacy Notice for information about certain legal rights at https://drw.com/california-privacy-notice.