Cloud Engineer at Discover
Discover. A brighter future.
With us, you’ll do meaningful work from Day 1. Our collaborative culture is built on three core behaviors: We Play to Win, We Get Better Every Day & We Succeed Together. And we mean it — we want you to grow and make a difference at one of the world's leading digital banking and payments companies. We value what makes you unique so that you have an opportunity to shine.
Come build your future, while being the reason millions of people find a brighter financial future with Discover.Job Description
Responsible for the technical design, deployment, monitoring and ongoing support and maintenance of a diverse set of cloud technologies. The role is a technical, hands-on opportunity with a heavy focus on automation, resilient design and deployment of cloud ready systems and services. This roles collaborates with Product teams internal and external to IS to provide world class products and services in support of our application development community, and our business as whole. This is a 'DevOps' position, responsible for the full-stack engineering and support of products that support our hybrid cloud capabilities.
How You’ll Do It
- Builds, delivers, and maintains modern cloud platforms that support agile teams.
- Partners with key stakeholders as a platform champion for cloud-native systems, and coaches on how to use platform capabilities effectively through appropriate venues
- Drives continuous improvement of products & capabilities through internal user groups and external market research
- Programmatically consume API’s to facilitate automation, orchestration and systems integration
- Development and maintenance self-service consumable full stack engineering
- Deep understanding of cloud-native concepts and engineer solutions that are aligned with industry standards
Qualifications You’ll Need
- Bachelor’s degree in information technology
- 2+ years of experience in application or platform development, consulting or related field
- In lieu of education, 4+ years of experience in application or platform
Bonus Points If You Have
- Experience developing and integrating against APIs
- vRA / vRO engineering, development and support experience
- Terraform Engineering and integration into AWS
- Scripting or development experience used to automate infrastructure processes
- Experience with CI/CD pipelines including but not limited to Jenkins or Chef Automate
- Experience with Chef, Puppet or Ansible used to automate application delivery, configuration management or compliance
- Experience with test driven development, pipelines or implementation of an infrastructure test harness a + vSphere a +, NSX or SDN experience a +
- Hybrid cloud delivery using AWS or other public cloud provider
- OCP and containers
- Experience with DevOps principles in practical application
- Experience with SCRUM or any other agile methodology
- Experience working in sprints and tracking work using tools like JIRA (preferred) or Rally
- Proven ability using expertise to solve complex problems under pressure
- Strong communication (oral and written), organizational, and interpersonal skills
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Ability to present ideas in business-friendly and user-friendly language
- Team player with a sense of ownership #LI-BG1 #Remote
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Discover.