Cloud Engineer at Discover
At Discover, be part of a culture where diversity, teamwork and collaboration reign. Join a company that is just as employee-focused as it is on its customers and is consistently awarded for both. We’re all about people, and our employees are why Discover is a great place to work. Be the reason we help millions of consumers build a brighter financial future and achieve yours along the way with a rewarding career.
Responsible for the technical design, deployment, monitoring and ongoing support and maintenance of a diverse set of cloud technologies. The role is a technical, hands-on opportunity with a heavy focus on automation, resilient design and deployment of cloud ready systems and services. This roles collaborates with Product teams internal and external to IS to provide world class products and services in support of our application development community, and our business as whole. This is a 'DevOps' position, responsible for the full-stack engineering and support of products that support our hybrid cloud capabilities.
- Builds, delivers, and maintains modern cloud platforms that support Agile teams.
- Partners with key stakeholders as a platform champion for cloud-native systems and coaches on how to use platform capabilities effectively through appropriate venues
- Drives continuous improvement of the IaaS product and capabilities through internal user groups and external market research
At a minimum, here’s what we need from you:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, or related field
- 2+ years of experience in application or platform development, consulting, or related field
- In lieu of a degree, 4+ years of experience in application or platform development, consulting, or related field
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Discover.