Customer Experience Programmer at Discover
At Discover, be part of a culture where diversity, teamwork and collaboration reign. Join a company that is just as employee-focused as it is on its customers and is consistently awarded for both. We’re all about people, and our employees are why Discover is a great place to work. Be the reason we help millions of consumers build a brighter financial future and achieve yours along the way with a rewarding career.
Designs, develops and integrates systems using Agile development methodologies to support existing and new product features. Develops compliance audits and automates processes by creating complex queries, macros and cronjobs to run SAS scripts and shell scripts in a UNIX environment. Responsible for analyzing, testing and validating sources and output of work.
- Responsible for conducting research & testing with either finding accurate data sources and/or creating one; building complex macros using languages such as SAS, Python, R, Snowflake which can include: Access data from other sources, creates tables to be utilized by other scripts; Pushes results for reporting and tacking; builds situational macros to increase process efficiency; Creating scripts to build data outputs for Listener production work. Creates shell scripts which is a command-line interpreter and typical operations which perform file manipulation, program execution and printing text.
- Analyzing and Validation: Determines results from audit builds/data outputs that meet required acceptance criteria set by the Intake and Governance team which align with requirements from Policy & Procedure, Process Engineering, Business Risk, and Law & Compliance which protects the Company from risk exposure.
- Continuous process improvement including learning new technologies and methodologies.
- Responsible for the Data Governance process which includes: Data archival process and alignment on data usage across functional teams.
This position can sit in New Albany, Phoenix, New Castle, Salt Lake City or Riverwoods.
At a minimum, here’s what we need from you:
- H.S. Diploma or GED
- 2+ years of experience working with data sources such as Teradata, Oracle, Hadoop or related
- In lieu of education, 2+ years of experience working in a Development, Coding Environment, or related reporting environment where responsibilities included coding and development of queries, macros and scripts
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Discover.