At Discover, be part of a culture where diversity, teamwork and collaboration reign. Join a company that is just as employee-focused as it is on its customers and is consistently awarded for both. We’re all about people, and our employees are why Discover is a great place to work. Be the reason we help millions of consumers build a brighter financial future and achieve yours along the way with a rewarding career.
Responsibility of the role is to support the cybersecurity roadmap and contribute to the delivery of secure systems, cyber remediation, cyber applications, technical projects, and regulatory and risk requirements. This includes cybersecurity framework, program optimization, evaluating vulnerabilities, vulnerability remediation, third-party management, metrics reporting, performance analysis, and assessing threat severity and impact on corporate assets, and mitigating operational risk in a high-velocity culture. This Cybersecurity Analyst role requires high-level, critical thinking to perform duties related to projects, compliance, metrics, assurance, vulnerabilities, or threats.
- Analyzes vulnerabilities, tunes/tests tools, and investigates security incidents to derive useful information in support of system/network vulnerability mitigation, and eliminate false positives. Evaluates vulnerabilities and assess threat severity and impact on corporate assets, including advising technical teams on vulnerability remediation techniques. Contributes to actionable intelligence in the form of reports, notifications, alerts, and briefings. Performs ethical hacking and penetration testing techniques on the perimeter. Supports mitigation and countermeasure strategies from collected threat intelligence. Recognizes security violations and takes appropriate action to report each incident as required.
- Identifies security issues and/or vulnerabilities and control impact, compromise, or denial of service by applying countermeasures. Performs ongoing assessment of team and program activities to identify opportunities for improvement. Ensures compliance to audit, regulatory, and legal requirements. Builds and maintains effective relationships with peers and internal business partners. Recommends appropriate and effective controls to address security concerns. Must make decisions quickly to implement countermeasures, address remediation, avoid an outage, and ensure system’s high availability.
- Delivers metrics and performance reporting to enhance real-time risk decision-making and project prioritization. Analyzes data collected from a variety of cyber-defense tools and data-analytics solutions for the purposes of mitigating threats. Engages in reporting risk remediation assurance and automation/integration initiatives, and collaborates with stakeholders, at all levels, to ensure remediation is validated, risk is mitigated, and findings are fully closed/resolved.
- Maintains knowledge of security threats and industry trends to provide tactical project guidance. Utilizes Cybersecurity solutions, analyzes events to mitigate risk, and achieve remediation. Works on cyber projects and contributes to delivering key milestones.
At a minimum, here’s what we need from you:
- H.S. Diploma or GED
If we had our say, we’d also look for:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Security , Computer Science, Business Administration, Data Analytics, or related field
- 2+ years of experience in Information Security, Computer Science, Data Analytics, related certifications. or related field
- PMP, CEH, GIAC
Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, among other things, or as a qualified individual with a disability.
So, what are you waiting for? Apply today!