Cybersecurity Engineer at Discover
At Discover, be part of a culture where diversity, teamwork and collaboration reign. Join a company that is just as employee-focused as it is on its customers and is consistently awarded for both. We’re all about people, and our employees are why Discover is a great place to work. Be the reason we help millions of consumers build a brighter financial future and achieve yours along the way with a rewarding career.
The responsibility of the Cybersecurity Engineer role is to contribute to the delivery of critical infrastructure solutions as part of Discover’s Data Security Products team. The individual will work closely with Cybersecurity, Infrastructure Services, and Enterprise Architects to build solutions which meet the ever changing Cybersecurity threat landscape. This is a great opportunity for someone who is a self-starter, team player, and wanting to join a growing area of demand.
- Design, develop, and maintain Discover’s Public Key Infrastructure (PKI), tokenization, and other cryptographic solutions.
- Identify, design, and implement automated solutions to enable business partner’s cryptographic security needs.
- Interprets technology direction and analyzes Cybersecurity systems by applying professional systems knowledge/studies, specialized security training, and advanced analytical techniques. Designs new systems according to architecture guidelines and performs continual integration. Performs research and tests on scanning tools and develops a comparison study using security systems, professional knowledge, and systems analysis techniques. Tests defense technologies prior to deployment to determine if it’s feasible for integration. Engineers Cybersecurity and data analytics solutions, including conducting vendor-technology reviews. Supports current- and future-state architectural models to assess impact across assigned Cybersecurity technology systems.
- Analyzes Cybersecurity technology capabilities and specifications to identify enhancement opportunities by applying professional systems knowledge/studies, specialized security training, and advanced analytical techniques. Performs ongoing assessment of the team and programs activities to identify opportunities for improvement. Ensures compliance with audit, regulatory, and legal requirements. Builds and maintains effective relationships with peers and internal business partners. Point of contact for escalating engineering, security solutions, and/or advanced analytics tools. Must make decisions quickly to avoid an outage, and ensure the system’s high availability.
- Applies the system’s professional knowledge, studies engineering and systems, and specialized security vendor training to assess threats to infrastructure and vulnerabilities of system(s) to develop a security-risk profile. Supports mitigation and countermeasure strategies from collected threat intelligence, using enterprise-wide, complex analytical system.
Maintains knowledge of security trends, threats, and attack techniques. Applies the system’s professional knowledge, studies engineering and systems, and specialized security vendor training to utilize Cybersecurity solutions, analyzes events to mitigate risk, and achieve remediation.
At a minimum, here’s what we need from you:
- H.S. Diploma or GED
If we had our say, we’d also look for:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Security , Computer Science, or related field
- GIAC certification
- Knowledge in cryptographic services such as TLS/SSL, Key Management, Certificates, and HSMs.
- Experience supporting and maintaining highly available systems
- Experience with scripting languages such as Python or Powershell
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Experience in leveraging agile practices for planning and executing work
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Discover.