Assists with development, maintenance and enhancement of software and eCommerce web applications as part of a project team.
Job Responsibilities :
•Assists in the Implementation and maintenance activities that generally support limited parts of the on-line technology function, including but not limited to analysis of technical solutions and creation of detailed technical specifications/work estimates.
•Maintains and supports assigned aspects of existing, and participates in developing new, web-based applications and resources. Participates in writing code and scripts that provide desired functionality to the web-based software sites, products and programs. .
•Provides technical support to the team; understands and assists with application architecture, technology and design decisions, and project scoping and sizing.
•Participates in developing web-based prototypes.
•Assists with triage of team tasks and adherence to standards and best practices across the enterprise.
•Escalates problems and roadblocks as they occur.
•Coordinates cross-functionally to accomplish assigned tasks.
•May collaborate with customers and advise regarding technical issues on active projects.
•May assist in live site support and incident resolution that may include on-call rotation.
Walgreens (walgreens.com), one of the nation's largest drugstore chains, is included in the Retail Pharmacy USA Division of Walgreens Boots Alliance, Inc. (Nasdaq: WBA), a global leader in retail and wholesale pharmacy. Walgreens is proud to be a neighborhood health, beauty and retail destination supporting communities across the country, and was named to FORTUNE* magazine’s 2019 Companies that Change the World list. Approximately 8 million customers interact with Walgreens in stores and online each day. As of August 31, 2019, Walgreens operates 9,277 drugstores with a presence in all 50 states, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands, along with its omnichannel business, Walgreens.com. Walgreens also provides specialty pharmacy and mail services and offers in-store clinics and other health care services throughout the United States, most of which are operated by our health care strategic partners. An Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability/veterans.
• Experience establishing & maintaining relationships with people at all levels of the organization, in the business community & with vendors.
• Experience working with on-line systems
• Demonstrated expertise writing professional, quality, secure, performance capable code.
• Experience with rapid software development practices.
• Experience using time management skills such as prioritizing/organizing and tracking details and meeting deadlines of multiple projects with varying completion dates.
• Knowledge of programming languages, such as C#, Java, .net, MVC, etc.
• Knowledge of web design technologies, such as HTML, XML, Perl and Java.