Assists with development, maintenance and enhancement of software and eCommerce web applications as part of a project team.
Job Responsibilities :
•Assists in the Implementation and maintenance activities that generally support limited parts of the on-line technology function, including but not limited to analysis of technical solutions and creation of detailed technical specifications/work estimates.
•Maintains and supports assigned aspects of existing, and participates in developing new, web-based applications and resources. Participates in writing code and scripts that provide desired functionality to the web-based software sites, products and programs. .
•Provides technical support to the team; understands and assists with application architecture, technology and design decisions, and project scoping and sizing.
•Participates in developing web-based prototypes.
•Assists with triage of team tasks and adherence to standards and best practices across the enterprise.
•Escalates problems and roadblocks as they occur.
•Coordinates cross-functionally to accomplish assigned tasks.
•May collaborate with customers and advise regarding technical issues on active projects.
•May assist in live site support and incident resolution that may include on-call rotation.
Walgreens (www.walgreens.com) is included in the Retail Pharmacy USA Division of Walgreens Boots Alliance, Inc. (Nasdaq: WBA), a global leader in retail and wholesale pharmacy. As America’s most loved pharmacy, health and beauty company, Walgreens purpose is to champion the health and wellbeing of every community in America. Operating more than 9,000 retail locations across America, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands, Walgreens is proud to be a neighborhood health destination serving approximately 8 million customers each day. Walgreens pharmacists play a critical role in the U.S. healthcare system by providing a wide range of pharmacy and healthcare services. To best meet the needs of customers and patients, Walgreens offers a true omnichannel experience, with platforms bringing together physical and digital, supported by the latest technology to deliver high-quality products and services in local communities nationwide.
• Experience establishing & maintaining relationships with people at all levels of the organization, in the business community & with vendors.
• Experience working with on-line systems
• Demonstrated expertise writing professional, quality, secure, performance capable code.
• Experience with rapid software development practices.
• Experience using time management skills such as prioritizing/organizing and tracking details and meeting deadlines of multiple projects with varying completion dates.
• Knowledge of programming languages, such as C#, Java, .net, MVC, etc.
• Knowledge of web design technologies, such as HTML, XML, Perl and Java.