Developer II - 340B at Walgreens
Writes code and scripts that provide desired functionality to the system solutions, typically for large, complex or leading edge applications, products and programs. Develops software applications solutions, of intermediate complexity, for all or part of an assigned project. Develops, codes, tests, debugs, and documents applications systems to achieve the objectives of the client group relative to identified system needs, which may be new, replacement of existing systems, or significant modifications of existing software modules. Implements activities that impact important components / processes of the functional area. Work is received short- and mid-term assignments that are important / complicated undertakings that require a comprehensive understanding of the organization's current web-based applications, coding languages, tools and regularly require the application of independent judgment.
- Works on complex projects of intermediate complexity, and leverages knowledge of applications development methodologies, hardware characteristics, and other technologies to produce comprehensive solutions, within the agreed quality, service commitment levels, schedules and budgets.
- Actively involved in the daily operational activities that generally impact important components / processes of the technology function, including but not limited to writing code and scripts that provide desired functionality to the web-based software, typically for large, complex or leading edge sites, products and programs. developing software applications and tools.
- Maintains and supports existing, and develops new applications and tools.
- Contributes to software design
- Evaluates compatibility of programs with existing communications hardware and software.
- Develops protocols to support established standards.
- Anticipates and prevents problems and roadblocks before they occur.
- Gathers and updates necessary information and communicates to appropriate parties.
- Coordinates cross-functionally to accomplish assigned tasks.
- May mentor less experienced members of the team.
- May assist in live site support and incident resolution that may include on-call rotation.
Walgreens (walgreens.com), one of the nation's largest drugstore chains, is included in the Retail Pharmacy USA Division of Walgreens Boots Alliance, Inc. (Nasdaq: WBA), a global leader in retail and wholesale pharmacy. Walgreens is proud to be a neighborhood health, beauty and retail destination supporting communities across the country, and was named to FORTUNE* magazine’s 2019 Companies that Change the World list. Approximately 8 million customers interact with Walgreens in stores and online each day. As of August 31, 2019, Walgreens operates 9,277 drugstores with a presence in all 50 states, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands, along with its omnichannel business, Walgreens.com. Walgreens also provides specialty pharmacy and mail services and offers in-store clinics and other health care services throughout the United States, most of which are operated by our health care strategic partners.
- Bachelor’s Degree and at least 2 years of experience application development and maintenance OR High school / GED and at least 5 years of application development experience
- At least 2 years of experience developing and writing requirement specifications.
- At least 2 years of experience with software programming languages, coding standards.
- Experience working with standard test tools and the testing processes.
- Knowledge of technical design process and models.
- Experience with SDLC / SW development processed, such as RUP, Agile, and/or Waterfall
- Experience using analytical skills, tools and techniques to investigate information and to draw conclusions.
- Experience identifying operational issues and recommending and implementing strategies to resolve problems.
- Willing to travel up to 10% of the time for business purposes (within state and out of state).
•Bachelor’s Degree in CS, IT, Engineering, or similar and at least 7 years of experience in application development.
•Experience developing designs for small to mid-complex projects, managing dependencies between software teams, and serving as subject matter expert for the larger application development team.
•Experience with MicroServices, Azure, and SQL Server.
•Experience identifying operational issues and recommending and implementing strategies to resolve problems.
•Ability to concisely explain complex technical concepts to non-technical stakeholders.
•Demonstrated expertise writing professional, quality, secure, performance capable code.
•Experience with software development practices such as code management, defensive coding, and code readability.
•Experience with standard development tools such as Jira and Git/GitHub.
•Knowledge and experience of test-driven development and CI/CD process.