Developer III Digital Engineering at Walgreens
Leads in activities for writing code and scripts that provide desired functionality to the digital solutions, products and programs. Implements activities that generally impact multiple components / processes and the work more than one team. Typically assigned to strategic/complex undertakings that require advanced in-depth knowledge of programming languages important to the organization and regularly require the application of independent judgment and creativity. Receives work in short– and mid- term outcomes that impact the work of the assigned team.
- Leads the daily work of the project team responsible for writing code and scripts for desired functionality of web-based software, products and programs
- Leads the development of web-based prototypes.
- Materially updates and develops new front-end applications and tools.
- Performs as subject matter advisor to functional area and may become actively involved, as required, to meet schedules and resolve problems highly complex in nature.
- May develop the technical “vision” and design specifications of assigned projects and may lead in implementation.
- Writes code and scripts that provide desired functionality to the web-based software, typically for sites, products and programs that have little or no precedent.
- Ensures that software and program defects in assigned projects or programs are tracked and summarizes and presents findings to management.
- Shares information cross-functionally to improve workflow processes. Interacts with internal and external peers and management to share highly complex information related to areas of expertise and/or to gain acceptance of new or enhanced technology / business solutions.
- Gathers and updates necessary information and communicates to appropriate parties.
- Participates in the development of technical/business approaches and new or enhanced technical tools
- May assist in live site support and incident resolution that may include on-call rotation
- Provides subject matter expertise to less experienced team members. May allocate and tracks the work of individual contributors. Participates in teaching and training members of work team.
Walgreens (walgreens.com), one of the nation's largest drugstore chains, is included in the Retail Pharmacy USA Division of Walgreens Boots Alliance, Inc. (Nasdaq: WBA), a global leader in retail and wholesale pharmacy. Walgreens is proud to be a neighborhood health, beauty and retail destination supporting communities across the country, and was named to FORTUNE* magazine’s 2019 Companies that Change the World list. Approximately 8 million customers interact with Walgreens in stores and online each day. As of August 31, 2019, Walgreens operates 9,277 drugstores with a presence in all 50 states, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands, along with its omnichannel business, Walgreens.com. Walgreens also provides specialty pharmacy and mail services and offers in-store clinics and other health care services throughout the United States, most of which are operated by our health care strategic partners.
- Bachelor's degree and at least 3 years of software development / coding experience OR a High School Diploma / GED and at least 6 years of software development / coding experience.
- Experience establishing & maintaining relationships with individuals at all levels of the organization, in the business community & with vendors
- Experience using time management skills such as prioritizing/organizing and tracking details and meeting deadlines of multiple projects with varying completion dates.
- Experience analyzing and reporting data in order to identify issues, trends, or exceptions to drive improvement of results and find solutions.
- Experience identifying operational issues and recommending and implementing strategies to resolve problems.
- Willing to travel up to 10% of the time for business purposes (within state and out of state).
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Mathematics
- Experience mentoring less experienced team members.
- Experience working with on-line systems.
- Experience with rapid software development practices.
- Experience with coding languages, such as C#, Java, .net, MVC, etc.
- Knowledge of web design technologies, such as HTML, XML, Perl and Java.