DevOps Engineer Lead at Walgreens
Develops and executes assignments that impact multiple components / processes of the specified functional area of the Technology operation. Assignments are received in short- and mid-term outcomes that are of complex initiatives and regularly require the application of independent judgment and creativity. Operates within the context of defined operating outcomes.
- Develops and executes operational activities that impact multiple components / processes of the Technology work function, and may include responsibilities, such as:
- Development and execution of deployment operations for large, complex pre-release, upgrades and current versions of software.
- Evaluating compatibility of programs with existing communications hardware and software features.
- Development of programs that establish and enhance standards.
- Improving and monitoring of highly complex features.
- Development of complex processes and interface requirements.
- Interpreting results and analyzing trends.
- Data development in complex areas of specialization and definition of acceptance criteria.
- Performs as subject matter advisor to functional area and may become actively involved, as required, to meet schedules and resolve problems highly complex in nature.
- Develops protocols to support established standards. May develop the technical “vision” and design specifications of assigned projects and may lead in implementation.
- Ensures that defects in assigned projects or programs are tracked and summarizes and presents findings to management.
- Shares information cross-functionally to improve workflow processes. Interacts with internal and external peers and management to share highly complex information related to areas of expertise and/or to gain acceptance of new or enhanced technology / business solutions.
- Participates in the development of technical/business approaches and new or enhanced technical tools.
- Provides subject matter expertise to less experienced team members. May participate in teaching and training members of the work team.
- May assist in live site support and incident resolution that may include on-call rotation.
Walgreens, one of the nation's largest drugstore chains, is included in the Retail Pharmacy USA Division of Walgreens Boots Alliance, Inc., the first global pharmacy-led, health and wellbeing enterprise. More than 10 million customers interact with Walgreens each day in communities across America, using the most convenient, multichannel access to consumer goods and services and trusted, cost-effective pharmacy, health and wellness services and advice. Walgreens operates 8,175 drugstores with a presence in all 50 states, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands. Walgreens omnichannel business includes Walgreens.com . Approximately 400 Walgreens stores offer Healthcare Clinic or other provider retail clinic services.
As the neighborhood drugstore and retailer, our goal is to make health and happiness simpler, easier and within reach. And we remain a trusted wellness provider offering convenient access to important health services, such as immunizations and an array of pharmacy services that can help patients improve their health. To our team members, Walgreens represents a unique opportunity to excel in their careers in a welcoming and inclusive environment. We offer the chance to work in a truly supportive environment, and be a part of a progressive organization dedicated to the well-being of our customers, team members and the communities we all call home.
External Basic Qualifications
- Bachelor's Degree and at least 5 years of experience in a technical engineering role, such as software development, release management, deployment engineering, site operations, technical operations or similar OR High School Diploma/ GED and at least 8 years of experience in a technical engineering role, such as software development, release management, deployment engineering, site operations, technical operations or similar.
- Experience in Technology infrastructure, such as Network, Monitoring, Systems, Databases, etc.
- Experience establishing and maintaining relationships with individuals at all levels of the organization, in the business community and with vendors.
- Experience using time management skills such as prioritizing/organizing and tracking details and meeting deadlines of multiple projects with varying completion dates.
- Experience analyzing and reporting data in order to identify issues, trends, or exceptions to drive improvement of results and find solutions.
- Experience identifying operational issues and recommending and implementing strategies to resolve problems.
- Willing to travel up to 10% of the time for business purposes (within state and out of state).
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Mathematics
- Experience identifying the relationship of bugs to software code
- Experience developing design specifications, test plans and protocols
- Knowledge of IT technologies.
- Experience mentoring less experienced team members.