DRW is a technology-driven, diversified principal trading firm. We trade our own capital at our own risk, across a broad range of asset classes, instruments and strategies, in financial markets around the world. As the markets have evolved over the past 25 years, so has DRW – maximizing opportunities to include real estate, cryptoassets and venture capital. With over 1,000 employees at our Chicago headquarters and offices around the world, we work together to solve complex problems, challenge consensus and deliver meaningful results. It’s a place of high expectations, deep curiosity and thoughtful collaboration.
We are looking for a motivated DevOps Engineer to join the UNIX Services team.
What you’ll do in this role:
- Support DRW’s multiple Kubernetes clusters in different geo-locations
- Help guide our team's services and tools toward a more cloud-native approach
- Evangelize the Kubernetes platform throughdemos, "lightning talks", etc.
- Assist developers in different business units to onboard their applications to our Kubernetes platform
- Senior engineers will provide leadership and direction to junior members of the team
- Identify and automate repetitive manual tasks
- Participate in our Kubernetes platform on-call rotation
What we're looking for:
- UNIX systems administration experience, Kubernetes operations experience
- Experience with git/githubor other version control software
- Experience coding to automate system-level deployment tasks using developing/deploying/supporting frontend/backend web applications interpreted languages (Python, Bash, etc.)
- Familiarity with Ansible, Vault, Docker, Docker registries, Concourse
- Familiarity with AWS: S3, EC2,others
- Demonstrated drive to improve workflows and make things better
- Experience coding to automate system-level deployment tasks using interpreted languages (Python, Bash, etc.)
- Ability to rely on logical reasoning process to troubleshoot complex problems
- Solid written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work well on a team as well as independently
Bonus points if you have:
- Experience with Argo Workflows
- Experience with Rancher, Harbor, Ceph, NetApp Trident
- Experience developing/deploying/supporting frontend/backend web applications
- Ability to dig into any code-baseto diagnose and fix problems
For more information about DRW's processing activities and our use of job applicants' data, please view our Privacy Notice at https://drw.com/privacy-notice.
California residents, please review the California Privacy Notice for information about certain legal rights at https://drw.com/california-privacy-notice.