Discover. A more rewarding way to work.
At Discover Financial Services, you’ll find yourself in the company of some of the industry’s smartest and most reliable professionals. And at a company that rewards dedication, values innovation and supports growth.
Thrive in an environment that promotes teamwork and shared success. Build on a foundation of mutual respect. Join the company that understands rewarding careers like no other, with this exceptional opportunity:
At Discover, be part of a culture where diversity, teamwork and collaboration reign. Join a company that is just as employee-focused as it is on its customers and is consistently awarded for both. We’re all about people, and our employees are why Discover is a great place to work. Be the reason we help millions of consumers build a brighter financial future and achieve yours along the way with a rewarding career.
*** THIS POSITION WILL BE BASED IN OUR DOWNTOWN CHICAGO OFFICE ***
We are looking for a DevOps Engineer with Cloud Platform experience to join our quickly growing technology team. Central to our model and overall organizational success, we develop capabilities to be utilized across the analytics enterprise, create products and solutions to drive business decisions, enable the execution of business strategies, and measure business and clinical outcomes.
- Contributing member of a high performing, agile team focused on next generation data & analytic technologies
- Operate as a member on one of the core teams responsible for enabling new features and optimizing data platforms that support Discover’s Advanced Analytic user community
- Engineer and implement leading-edge analytics environments including software, data platforms and user tools that enable productivity and system integration
- Design and implementation solutions for high availability, replication and disaster recovery solutions
- Consult with users and applications on optimal design of database environments, analyzing complex distributed production deployments and making recommendations to optimize performance.
- Leverage DevOps techniques and practices like Continuous Integration, Continuous Deployment, Test Automation, Build Automation and Test-Driven Development to enable the rapid delivery of end user capabilities
- Hands on experience leading delivery through Agile methodologies
- Promote a risk-aware culture, ensure efficient and effective risk and compliance management practices by adhering to require standards and processes.
At a minimum, here’s what we need from you:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field
- 5+ years’ work experience
- 5+ years in one (or more) programming languages, such as Java or Python
- 3+ years in Linux/Unix including basic commands, shell scripting and solution engineering
- 1+ years Cloud Platform Experience, preferably AWS
If we had our say, we’d also look for:
- Hands on experience in S3, DynamoDB, Kinesis, EC2, Spark, Lambda and other Cloud Data Technologies
- Expertise in languages such as Python, R, Spark, Java with emphasis on tuning / optimization on data platforms
- Experience working with automated build and continuous integration systems (Chef, Jenkins, Docker)
- Experience managing code on Github
- Industry experience in Financial Services or other regulated industries
Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, among other things, or as a qualified individual with a disability.