- Oversee DevOps team’s day-to-day activities. Offer guidance and strategic advice to the team.
- Lead the effort to integrate new CI/CD, big data, and security technologies into our process and solution architecture. Oversee and personally perform new technology research, proof of concepts, and integration and promotion to production.
- Responsible for overseeing and contributing to the maintenance and troubleshooting of development, deployment, and security technologies including Kubernetes, Docker, Jenkins, Hive, Kerberos, AWS RDS, Apache Kafka, etc.
- Respond to and resolve database access and performance issues. Design and perform database security audits and ensure configuration and execution of daily database backups.
- Participate in the design and testing of disaster recovery processes in accordance with business continuity strategies.
- Establish appropriate end-user security access control levels for databases and internal systems. Collaborate with managed services partners to ensure smooth and reliable operation of our data infrastructure for fulfilling business objectives and processes.
- Monitor and test system performance, prepare and deliver system performance statistics and reports.
- Create and maintain documentation as it relates to system configuration, processes, and data flows. Work with the development team to analyze, test, and implement physical database design supporting various business applications; including base definition, structure, documentation, long-range requirements, operational guidelines, policies and procedures.
- Ensure the security, confidentiality, availability, and integrity of client information for yourself and team
- Duties related to information security will be segregated across team members to ensure cross checking / monitoring / work overlap and work coverage
- Examples of security related tasks are granting access to systems to new hires, changing levels of access for employees whose role changes, or whose assignments change, etc.
- Role requires a high level of system access – confidentiality and security
- Bachelor Degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, or similar curriculum
- B.S in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years of DevOps or software development experience in a professional environment
- 3+ years of technical team leadership skills
- Kubernetes configuration and administration experience required
- Experience working within a cloud platform like AWS, Azure, Google Cloud required
- Jenkins configuration and administration experience preferred
- Experience administering distributed big data tools, i.e. Cassandra, Hadoop, Apache Spark, MongoDB preferred
- Expertise in Microsoft SQL Server or other relational database software
- Experience programming in Java, Scala, Python, C# or C/C++
- Proficient in shell scripting, plus know when to stop scripting and start developing
Professional Skill Requirements
- Complex Problem Solving - Ability to identify and solve problems by reviewing related information, evaluating options and implementing solutions
- Critical Thinking - Ability to use logic and reason to identify strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions, or approaches to problems
- Deductive Reasoning – Ability to apply general rules to specific problems to produce answers that make sense
- Inductive Reasoning – Ability to combine pieces of information to form general rules or conclusions (includes finding a relationship among seemingly unrelated information or events)
- Strong Communication Skills – Ability to clearly and concisely communicate information and ideas orally and in writing
- Quality Assurance – Ability to perform systematic self-review to ensure work product is accurate and satisfies its intended purpose
- Team player who is comfortable working with clients and project teams
- Genuine interest in and commitment to healthcare and IT
- Comfortable in an entrepreneurial environment
- Enthusiasm to continue learning, challenge and enhance existing strategic solutions is required
Successful candidate must be willing and able to travel, when necessary. Estimated travel is approximately less than 25% of the time.
Pareto Intelligence is a leading healthcare solutions company modernizing the way health plans and providers succeed in value-based care. These solutions are supported by proprietary algorithms, predictive models and advanced data science that have analyzed over $100 billion in claims/medical costs and touched over 14 million lives. Through this, Pareto demystifies complex healthcare data and delivers actionable strategies to achieve complete and accurate revenue, communicate critical patient information seamlessly, and inspire more informed business decisions. Pareto was launched in 2013 by HealthScape Advisors, a privately held management consulting firm based in Chicago. That means Pareto’s pedigree is deep expertise and a pragmatic approach to executing solutions.
Pareto Intelligence is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any protected status as defined by law.