DevOps Platform Engineer (GCP) at Kin + Carta
Kin + Carta exists to make the world work better by delivering transformative growth for our clients. As a digital transformation firm, we apply creativity, data, and technology to help clients invent, market, and operate new digital products and services that turn prospects into customers, and customers into advocates. Kin + Carta seamlessly integrates the strategic consulting, software engineering and marketing technology needed to help businesses 'Make It Happen'.
Kin + Carta operates under an organizational model called “The Connective,” a global ecosystem of over 1,600 technologists, strategists, and creatives. Together, the Connective provides full-service capabilities for not only our clients but for employee experience and mobility.
Consultants at Kin + Carta have the opportunity to: engage with the most cutting-edge emerging technologies, solve difficult problems for some of the world’s biggest companies, and work within a breadth of industries.
Kin + Carta is headquartered in Chicago and London with offices across four continents. Our culture and shared ways of working unite us globally, but it’s our diverse specialisms, our connections, and our courage that makes our firm a recognized best place to work.
Kin + Cart is looking for a DevOps Platform Engineer with a system engineering and development background to join our growing team in our Cloud Native Practice. This is a new position at Kin + Carta, and you’ll be helping to continue building out this client offering.
Your background includes:
- Comfortable working in a collaborative environment with individuals locally and distributed globally
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral are required
- Willingness to occasionally travel within the United States (and potentially UK)
- Three or more years experience in data center architecture, delivery and operational services within Google Cloud Platform (GCP)
- Experience with hardware/software load balancers including F5, BigIP, AWS, HA Proxy, Nginx, Apache, ELB or Google Cloud Load Balancing
- Experience automating IT Operations processes via automated pipelines using common scripting languages including Shell, Python, Golang or Ruby
- Experience automating pipelines by using continuous delivery tools including Jenkins, Concourse, vRealize Automation, Team City, Bamboo or UrbanCode
- Experience with configuration/cluster management technologies including Chef, Puppet, Kubernetes, Docker, Heroku buildpacks, BOSH or Ansible
- System Administrator experience
- Solid understanding of systems monitoring, alerting and analytics
- Understanding of cloud platform offerings such as Cloud Foundry, Heroku, Elastic Beanstalk, GKE, Azure Service Fabric or similar
- Experience working with NTP, SAML, OAUTH2 or Active Directory
- Proactive inclination to break down complex problems into steps that drive customer value
- Must be effective in working both independently and in a team setting
- Open to a minimum of 80% travel required
We welcome our Kin to show up as their full selves everyday. Because this is so important to us, Kin + Carta is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.