DevOps Platform Engineer
Solstice is a modern software engineering firm that helps Fortune 500 companies seize new opportunities through groundbreaking digital solutions. As strategists and consultants, we help organizations evolve their digital strategy to solve mission-critical problems. As designers and developers, we build incredible digital solutions that transcend a standalone product and transform an organization’s relationship with its customers.
Solstice is looking for a DevOps Platform Engineer with a system engineering and development background to join our growing team in our Cloud Native Practice. This is a new position at Solstice, and you’ll be helping to continue building out this client offering.
As a Pivotal Cloud Partner, Solstice helps highly regulated enterprises enjoy the benefits of the cloud by leveraging individual, secure and private cloud instances using Pivotal Cloud Foundry.
Your background includes:
- Comfortable working in a collaborative environment with individuals locally and distributed globally
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral are required
- Willingness to occasionally travel within the United States (and potentially UK)
- Three or more years experience in data center architecture, delivery and operational services in at least one Cloud IaaS environment (vSphere, AWS, Azure, GCP and OpenStack)
- Experience with hardware/software load balancers including F5, BigIP, AWS, HA Proxy, Nginx, Apache, ELB or Google Cloud Load Balancing
- Experience automating IT Operations processes via automated pipelines using common scripting languages including Shell, Python, Golang or Ruby
- Experience automating pipelines by using continuous delivery tools including Jenkins, Concourse, vRealize Automation, Team City, Bamboo or UrbanCode
- Experience with configuration/cluster management technologies including Chef, Puppet, Kubernetes, Docker, Heroku buildpacks, BOSH or Ansible
- System Administrator experience
- Solid understanding of systems monitoring, alerting and analytics
- Understanding of cloud platform offerings such as Cloud Foundry, Heroku, Elastic Beanstalk, GKE, Azure Service Fabric or similar
- Experience working with NTP, SAML, OAUTH2 or Active Directory
- Proactive inclination to break down complex problems into steps that drive customer value
- Must be effective in working both independently and in a team setting
- Open to a minimum of 80% travel required
We welcome Solsties to show up as their full selves everyday. Because this is so important to us, Solstice is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.