Kin + Carta is looking for a DevOps Platform Engineer with a system engineering and development background to join our growing team in our Cloud Native Practice. This is a new position at Kin + Carta, and you’ll be helping to continue building out this client offering.
Your background includes:
- Comfortable working in a collaborative environment with individuals locally and distributed globally
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral are required
- Willingness to occasionally travel within the United States (and potentially UK)
- Three or more years experience in data center architecture, delivery and operational services in at least one Cloud IaaS environment (vSphere, AWS, Azure, GCP and OpenStack)
- Experience with hardware/software load balancers including F5, BigIP, AWS, HA Proxy, Nginx, Apache, ELB or Google Cloud Load Balancing
- Experience automating IT Operations processes via automated pipelines using common scripting languages including Shell, Python, Golang or Ruby
- Experience automating pipelines by using continuous delivery tools including Jenkins, Concourse, vRealize Automation, Team City, Bamboo or UrbanCode
- Experience with configuration/cluster management technologies including Chef, Puppet, Kubernetes, Docker, Heroku buildpacks, BOSH or Ansible
- Experience in creating infrastructure as code (ie Terraform, Jenkins DSL with Groovy)
- System Administrator experience
- Solid understanding of systems monitoring, alerting and analytics
- Understanding of cloud platform offerings such as Cloud Foundry, Heroku, Elastic Beanstalk, GKE, Azure Service Fabric or similar
- Experience working with NTP, SAML, OAUTH2 or Active Directory
- Proactive inclination to break down complex problems into steps that drive customer value
- Must be effective in working both independently and in a team setting
- Certifications in Google (Professional Cloud DevOps Engineer) or Microsoft (DevOps Engineer Expert) are preferred.
Kin + Carta exists to make the world work better by delivering transformative digital growth for our clients. As a digital transformation firm, we apply creativity, data, and technology to help clients invent, market, and operate new digital products and services that turn prospects into customers, and customers into advocates. Kin + Carta seamlessly integrates the strategic consulting, software engineering, and marketing technology needed to help businesses 'Make It Happen'.
Consultants at Kin + Carta have the opportunity to: engage with the most cutting-edge emerging technologies, solve difficult problems for some of the world’s biggest companies, and work within a breadth of industries.
Kin + Carta is headquartered in Chicago and London with offices across four continents. Our culture and shared ways of working unite us globally, but it’s our diverse specialisms, our connections, and our courage that makes our firm a recognized best place to work.
We welcome our Kin to show up as their full selves every day. Because this is so important to us, Kin + Carta is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. If you need accommodations at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.