Digital Payment Quality Engineer
At Discover, be part of a culture where diversity, teamwork and collaboration reign. Join a company that is just as employee-focused as it is on its customers and is consistently awarded for both. We’re all about people, and our employees are why Discover is a great place to work. Be the reason we help millions of consumers build a brighter financial future and achieve yours along the way with a rewarding career.
We are seeking Junior Quality engineers who are passionate in creating reliable, bug free user experience and a background writing functional, integration, system and end-to-end automated tests.
This position offers the opportunity to work in the new and fast growing Digital Checkout Services space where you will get to work with next generation tools and technologies and drive quality from the start with strong emphasis on Automation, Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery – ( BDD using Cucumber automation framework with Java. Github version control and Jenkins CICD ).
The position will be based at our HQ at 2500 Lake Cook Rd, Riverwoods, IL
- Drive for quality control, ensure quality is built in from the start using test first principals such as BDD
- Prepare the Test Plan and approach of testing
- In collaboration with the Quality Architect, evaluate the functional requirements and build/maintain the automated testing framework
- Design and execute the automation scripts including evaluating and reporting of results to scrum teams and quality engineering leadership
- Liaising with business analysts, product owners, tech leads, quality architecture and other stakeholders in establishing acceptance criteria
- Estimate testing effort and ensure timely delivery of project milestones
- Assist and provide recommendations of software testing tools for enhanced and robust testing framework
- Adhere to all processes and procedures for quality engineering as per established standards defined by the organization
- Assist in the timely resolution of quality engineering challenges at the team level providing guidance, training, technical support and where necessary mentoring individuals
- Leads, guides, and participates in the analysis, design, implementation, and execution of the scenarios, procedures, and QE suites. Ensures content and structure of all QE documents/artifacts are documented and maintained. Liaises with Development and Testers for iterations, testing, and deployment activities. Assists in the preparation of System, Integration, and User Acceptance Tests. Ensures proper configuration management of the QE artifacts produced and traceability of the tests to the requirements. Recognizes when test automation is appropriate and, if it is, plan the effort. As test execution approaches, ensures the test environment is ready before test execution and managed during test execution. Schedules the tests for execution and monitors, measures, controls, and reports on the test progress, the product quality status, and the test results, adapting the test plan and compensating as needed to adjust to evolving conditions.
- Assists in preparing agendas for meetings (e.g., weekly team meeting, etc.). Frequent status-check meetings with the team, communicates by means of chat/emails, etc. Reports on quality engineering activities, including results, coverage, required resources, defects discovered and their status, performance baselines, etc. Attends the regular QE team meetings.
At a minimum, here’s what we need from you:
- H.S. Diploma or GED
- 2+ years of experience in software testing teams, utilizing Agile delivery methods
- ISTQB Foundation
If we had our say, we’d also look for:
- Bachelors Degree in Information Technology, or related field
- 2+ years of experience in Payment Services
- 4+ years of experience in leading software testing teams, utilizing Agile delivery methods
- 2+ years of Test Automation experience
- Hands on Java/Ruby/Python experience (at least intermediate level)
- ATDD or BDD experience, ideally with Cucumber but other frameworks like Jbehave is also considered
- Experience of test planning, execution and maintenance of automated test suites at the System Integration test level
- Testing experience background with Cards and Payments domain
- ISTQB Intermediate
Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, among other things, or as a qualified individual with a disability.
So, what are you waiting for? Apply today!