Digital Payments Associate Developer
Discover. A more rewarding way to work.
At Discover Financial Services, you’ll find yourself in the company of some of the industry’s smartest and most reliable professionals. And at a company that rewards dedication, values innovation and supports growth.
Thrive in an environment that promotes teamwork and shared success. Build on a foundation of mutual respect. Join the company that understands rewarding careers like no other, with this exceptional opportunity:
At Discover, be part of a culture where diversity, teamwork and collaboration reign. Join a company that is just as employee-focused as it is on its customers and is consistently awarded for both. We’re all about people, and our employees are why Discover is a great place to work. Be the reason we help millions of consumers build a brighter financial future and achieve yours along the way with a rewarding career.
WHO WE ARE
Discover is more than a credit card. At its core, Discover is a software company. Our customers and Partners demand products/services that help them spend smarter and achieve a brighter financial future. These products/services are built and supported by our software teams. We have fun at work and live these values:
- One customer. The person using the product is who matters.
- Teams get it done. You won’t be sitting in a corner on your own – it’s a collective effort.
- Seek to understand. Listen first, ask why, and then reach a conclusion.
- Progress over perfection. Try new ideas and be comfortable with failing fast.
- No spectators. Expect to tackle tough problems and to challenge the status quo.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
People don’t solely rely on physical credit/debit cards anymore. They want digital payment options. Specifically options on their phone or during secure digital checkout experiences (websites, apps, etc.). Why not join a team that is at the core of shaping the future of Payments? Your talents will allow you to contribute, if not shape, our Business and Technology outcomes. Always wanted to have your change agent voice heard? We love to listen. We want you to help create and break-down product/platform efforts into successful execution-ready plans. We need your talents to help ensure our outcomes are aligning to the needs of our Customers and Partners. All cutting edge work leveraging the latest technologies in the industry
The Digital Payments team is seeking Fullstack Software Engineers well versed in our technology stack and automation & optimization of platforms that supports our Digital Payments initiative. The position will be based at our Chicago office located at 350 N Orleans St, Chicago.
- Develops, tests and maintains complex front-ends with a focus on user experience.
- Develops, tests and maintains backend systems.
- Supports live systems to ensure business continuity.
- Creates and maintains DevOps processes, application infrastructure, and utilizes cloud services (including database systems and models).
At a minimum, here’s what we need from you:
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or related field
- In lieu of education, 2+ years of experience in Computer Science, Information Technology or related field
If we had our say, we’d also look for:
- 1+ years of experience in Computer Science, Information Technology or related field
- Full Stack Academy, General Assembly or related programs
- Exposure to containers and orchestration platforms (i.e. Kubernetes, OpenShift, etc..)
- Experience with framework and API design.
- Passion for Learning
- Strong Collaborator
Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, among other things, or as a qualified individual with a disability.
So, what are you waiting for? Apply today!