Director, Engineering – Manage and Analyze at Seal Software – a DocuSign Company at DocuSign
Director, Engineering – Manage and Analyze at Seal Software – a DocuSign Company
Engineering & Tech Operations | Walnut Creek, CA
Our agreement with employees
DocuSign is committed to building trust and making the world more agree-able for our employees, customers and the communities in which we live and work. You can count on us to listen, be honest, and try our best to do what’s right, every day. At DocuSign, everything is equal. We each have a responsibility to ensure every team member has an equal opportunity to succeed, to be heard, to exchange ideas openly, to build lasting relationships, and to do the work of their life. Best of all, you will be able to feel deep pride in the work you do, because your contribution helps us make the world better than we found it. And for that, you’ll be loved by us, our customers, and the world in which we live.
Our Engineering & Tech Operations team builds and operates complex solutions for global business challenges that cross cultures, legal jurisdictions, and impacts millions of people and businesses every day. We hire people with a broad set of skills and people who want to work on creating never-been-done-before solutions at scale while ensuring world-class reliability and security. Our Agreement Cloud is a revolutionary solution that changes the way people live, work, and come to agreement.
The Manage and Analyze team builds and operates industry-leading analytics products that utilize AI, machine learning and cutting-edge NLP to provide deep insights from procurement, derivative and other contracts to financial institutions, manufacturers and others.
We firmly believe in the power of data to transform customer experiences, and we think that the convergence of cloud computing with advances in machine learning and AI make this a particularly exciting time to be at DocuSign.
The Manage and Analyze team is seeking a hands-on Director of Engineering. This position requires critical thinking skills, ability to quickly understand existing systems, ability to mentor and gain respect from the team, and the ability to work in agile environments. The ability to take smart and educated risks is essential to the success of this position. In this role you will spearhead the architecture and development of a highly scalable, reliable and available (“5 nines”) piece of our contract analytics backend.
This position reports to the VP of Engineering, Manage and Analyze
- Manage and mentor a team of engineers
- Be open minded, forward thinking and passionate about great software
- Think about how to solve problems at scale and build fault tolerant systems
- Develop testable, high-quality, and ship-ready code with ample test coverage
- Work with Product Management and other developers to understand and translate marketing requirements into design requirements and provide estimates for development
- Work as part of a cross-site development team to drive design, implementation, testing and release of products.
- Support strategic code sharing and architecture for one or more functional area
- Ensure design and architecture is extensible across multiple projects, and participate in technical design and code reviews
- Work with Product Management and other developers to understand design requirements and provide estimates for development
- Work closely with QA to identify test cases and devise efficient, scalable testing processes.
- 12+ years development experience
- 2+ years of managing developers working on highly available services
- Bachelors or Masters in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Information Systems, Informatics or equivalent.
- Experience with full stack development, preferably in one or more of OO programming languages, like C#, Java, C++
- Experience in distributed systems
- Experience designing and developing highly scalable consumer facing web application
- Hands-on, professional experience with consuming and building RESTful web-services
- Directly involved in the design and operation of large-scale cloud services
- Track record of shipping high-quality product features on schedule
- Strong problem solving, debugging, and communication skills
- Agile and Test-driven development methodologies
- Ability and desire to move across technology stacks fluently and easily
- Knowledge and experience in high scale, highly available (99.99+) systems
- Experience in working in an agile development environment
- Experience with git, continuous integration and deployment tools
- Curiosity and ability to learn new technologies and tool sets
- Experience with CSS, AJAX, JSON, HTML, and/or MVC
- Experience with Microsoft technology stack (.NET, C#, SQL Server, etc.)
- SaaS or Cloud experience
- Prior experience aligning platform architecture with security and data
- Experience with unit testing frameworks
- Experience developing, promoting and building consensus across engineering teams
DocuSign® helps organizations connect and automate how they prepare, sign, act on, and manage agreements. As part of the DocuSign Agreement Cloud, DocuSign offers eSignature: the world's #1 way to sign electronically on practically any device, from almost anywhere, at any time. Today, hundreds of thousands of customers and hundreds of millions of users in over 180 countries use DocuSign to accelerate the process of doing business and simplify people's lives. Plus, we save more trees together! And that’s a good thing.
DocuSign is an Equal Opportunity Employer. DocuSign is committed to building a diverse team of talented individuals who bring different perspectives to the discussion and who feel a sense of inclusion and belonging when they join our team. Individuals seeking employment at DocuSign are considered without regards to race, ethnicity, color, age, sex, religion, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, physical or mental disability, registered domestic partner status, caregiver status, marital status, veteran or military status, citizenship status, or any other legally protected category.