Director of Technology, Frameworks and Tools at Walgreens
• Develops and executes on IT product/service strategies and plans. Directs the operations of the assigned functional area to achieve strategic and operational business goals and targeted financial and content quality results. Establishes operational objectives for managers and/or teams of professionals in order to achieve the strategic and operational objectives of the group. Responsible for executing on functional and business goals for the specified area of expertise. Proactively addresses problems a cross functional areas of the business.
• Provides day-to-day administrative direction and oversight of key technology/information systems and general support activities.
• Oversees and manages vendors, vendor contracts and appropriate SLAs.
• Works with key shareholders to formulate a comprehensive technology plan that is consistent with the overall business objectives and budgetary considerations.
• Applies broad knowledge of product/service capabilities and environment to identify new growth areas, new technology and emerging product/service opportunities. Conducts technological research by studying organization goals, strategies, practices, and user projects. Recommends information technology strategies, policies, and procedures by evaluating organization outcomes; identifying problems; evaluating trends; anticipating requirements.
• Implements policies and defines approach to strategy achievement for specified area of responsibility. Analyzes long-term impact of new or anticipated strategies and decisions.
• Manages budgets, operational plans and performance requirements for the specified are of responsibility. Responsible for meeting budgetary goals and objectives.
• Facilitates communication between staff, administration, vendors, and other technology resources within and outside of the organization. Shares highly complex information related to areas of expertise. Interacts with senior administration to keep abreast of objectives. Interacts with direct reports and peers in organization / customers / vendors to interpret information and improve cross-functional processes and programs. Creates and enhances key internal and external contacts.
Walgreens (walgreens.com), one of the nation's largest drugstore chains, is included in the Retail Pharmacy USA Division of Walgreens Boots Alliance, Inc. (Nasdaq: WBA), a global leader in retail and wholesale pharmacy. Walgreens is proud to be a neighborhood health, beauty and retail destination supporting communities across the country, and was named to FORTUNE magazine’s 2019 Companies that Change the World list. Approximately 8 million customers interact with Walgreens in stores and online each day. As of August 31, 2019, Walgreens operates 9,277 drugstores with a presence in all 50 states, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands, along with its omnichannel business, Walgreens.com. Walgreens also provides specialty pharmacy and mail services and offers in-store clinics and other health care services throughout the United States, most of which are operated by our health care strategic partners.
- Bachelor's degree and at least 6 years of experience in IT, Engineering, Accounting, Finance, Consulting, Strategy, Project/Program Management and/or Analytics OR a High School diploma/GED and at least 9 years of experience in IT, Engineering Accounting, Finance, Consulting, Strategy, Project/Program Management and/or Analytics.
- Experience establishing & maintaining relationships with individuals at all levels of the organization, in the business community & with vendors.
- Experience with vendor and vendor contract management, including SLA review.
- Experience diagnosing, isolating, and resolving complex issues and recommending and implementing strategies to resolve problems
- Experience identifying operational issues and recommending and implementing strategies to resolve problems.
- Experience managing cross-functional and/or matrix teams.
- Experience interacting at the executive level.
- At least 2 years of experience planning, developing, and managing departmental expense and capital budgets.
- At least 3 years of experience directly managing people, including hiring, developing, motivating, and directing people as they work
- May require travel domestically and/or internationally.
- Bachelor's degree in IT, IS, Mathematics
- Master's degree OR MBA
- Bachelor's degree and at least 8 years of experience in IT, Engineering, Accounting, Finance, Consulting, Strategy, Project/Program Management and/or Analytics OR a High School diploma/GED and at least 11 years of experience in IT, Engineering Accounting, Finance, Consulting, Strategy, Project/Program Management and/or Analytics.