Founded in 2012 and headquartered in Chicago, IL, Pangea started with the mission of making money transfer simple, fair, and safe. Since then, we’ve strived to enhance security and reduce the costs and pain points of international money transfer.
As Pangeans, we value introspection, accountability, empowerment, excellence, and above all, kindness. We believe in a fierce dedication to customer experience. We know that diversity is the key to innovation and creativity. If you have a growth mindset and you thrive under pressure, you’re a great fit for our team!
At Pangea Money Transfer, we are dedicated to building the world’s best platform for consumers to transfer money internationally by reducing the cost and pain points of money transfer while maintaining high reliability and security standards.
We are looking for a passionate leader of software teams to help us build and maintain new features for the Pangea platform that improve usability, prevent fraud, and create APIs and services that work with our partners to launch new markets, payment methods, and capabilities. Our platform includes a set of native iOS, Android, and Web apps and a set of API microservices built using multiple languages, all hosted on AWS.
If you have an entrepreneurial passion and are motivated by leading teams that build successful products, then we want to talk to you!
- Manage and mentor a team of engineers in Chicago and Mexico City building Pangea’s consumer & enterprise products.
- Plan quarterly roadmaps, partnering closely with product to manage scope and deliverables for initiatives.
- Plan and manage development sprints.
- Coordinate assignments and activities for engineers.
- Manage the technical delivery of platform initiatives and third-party integrations.
- Measure and manage the effectiveness of the software development lifecycle.
- BS or MS degree in computer science or a related degree.
- 10+ years of overall experience including hands-on software development, leading teams and projects.
- 2+ years of experience managing engineers, preferably across multiple locations.
- Experience working in the fintech industry preferred.
- Strong technical skills across a broad range of full-stack development, REST APIs, and data architectures.
- Experience with agile/scrum methodologies and planning tools such as JIRA.
- Pride in your work and you strive to meaningfully contribute to a team.
- Ability to learn quickly and work well with others.
- Desire for excellence and strong attention to detail.
- An entrepreneurial spirit and thrive in ambiguity.
Pangea is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.
Read Full Job Description