Front End Developer at Adage Technologies
Adage Technologies is a web design and development firm in downtown Chicago that specializes in web and mobile CMS and ecommerce solutions. Our team of strategic, creative, and technical professionals partner with our clients to solve business problems and meet strategic goals. Our team-oriented approach drives us to win awards, and break new ground with technology.
We are looking for a Front-End Developer who can develop user interfaces. You'll be working with HTML5, CSS3, JS.
Our teams are small. Your influence will be felt through the code you write and the ideas you bring to the table. Picture yourself interacting directly with clients and collaborating heavily with User Experience Designers, User Interface Designers, and Back-End Developers.
What you’ll be doing:
- Faithfully and accurately translating prototypes and design into working interfaces
- Maintaining and improving front-end code bases across a wide variety of projects
- Translating business and user requirements into usable web applications and sites
- Playing a key role in client communication, project planning, and estimation of front-end tasks
- Collaborating with UX and UI Designers to promote and achieve optimal solutions for clients
- Taking the lead on browser/device acceptance testing and bug fixing
- Working on an agile scrum team
We want someone who:
- Has 3+ years of experience in front-end development with a preference for candidates with more experience
- Has a passion for front-end technology and a desire to learn
- Pushes themselves to stay current and applying the most innovative industry best practices
- Has a positive, proactive and collaborative attitude while also demonstrating humility
- Delivers quality work within budget and timeline constraints
- Has experience working with responsive layouts
- Has experience or a desire to work with JS frameworks (React, Angular, etc.)
- Has experience diagnosing and resolving cross-browser/device challenges and bugs
- Understands the benefits and pitfalls of CSS pre-processors (Sass, LESS)
- Has working experience with modern build systems, source control (TFS, Git), and task runners (Grunt, Gulp, etc.)
- Understands the benefits of using a responsive framework, but does not rely on it
Candidates who want to be fully considered for this role should include a link to his/her portfolio site or other work examples.