Front End Software Developer, Zoro Tools
In the past seven years, Zoro has grown from a group of 6 people working out of a 2,000 square foot building, offering fewer than 100,000 products to a group of 250+ working out of a 60,000+ square foot building, offering more than 2,000,000 unique products.
The Front End Developer creates interactive interfaces for Web, Mobile, Social, and Rich Internet Applications.
Work on small to large interactive projects in a fast-paced environment to build high-volume and high-quality online experiences.
Zoro US, has offices in Buffalo Grove and Downtown Chicago. This position is based in our Downtown Chicago but the employee must be able to complete initial training in Buffalo Grove
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work in collaboration with creative designers & development team to turn their vision into functional website features.
- Work in collaboration with server-side developers to ensure proper implementation of website data and functionality.
- Help manage projects through the design, development and QA processes.
- Interact closely with other development teams to provide the best overall technical solution to meet product requirements.
- Develop estimates and participate in scheduling and prioritization of project tasks.
- Work to improve site performance.
- Develop and maintain reusable code libraries.
- Accurately estimate and track your time across simultaneous projects.
- Learn and adapt to new software/hardware technology and incorporate into production process.
- Collaborate on new design concepts.
- Make coding and technology decisions.
- Translate concepts into code.
- Help determine which technology to use.
- Expert in one or more modern web application frameworks like Vue.js, React, or Angular2 (Vue.js experience is strongly preferred).
- Familiar with SASS or other CSS preprocessors like Less & Stylus.
- Experience with Git.
- Single Page Applications experience.
- Familiar with NodeJS and/or Django backend environments.
- Experience with builder tools such as NPM, JSPM, Webpack & Gulp.
- Basic understanding of interaction design and user-centered design methods & practices.
- Strong experience in creating responsive layouts.
- Experience with and integrating Web Services / External APIs.
- Familiarity with web application architecture and design patterns.
- Knowledge of current trends and practices in the web development community.
- Ability to create clean, precise browser-compatible code.
- Enjoy working closely with others, and respectful of other perspectives.
- Expert conflict resolution skills and being able to negotiate with stakeholders.
- Willingness to switch gears quickly and be flexible to work on concurrent projects.
- Experience working with the Agile development methodology.
- Degree in Computer Science or related area a plus.
- Graduate degree is a plus
Zoro is an Equal Opportunity Workplace and an Affirmative Action Employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.