Frontend Software Engineer at Avant
What you do at Amount:
- Work with other engineers and technical product managers to write, test, and deploy your code safely and automatically to production. We deploy multiple times a day
- Use frameworks like React and Angular to build world-class Single Page Applications
- Explore exciting new technologies like GraphQL and Progressive Web Apps
- Be a part of a strong culture of ownership, pragmatism, and testing
- Experience a culture that treats engineers as both teachers and students, and encourage this by presenting weekly Lunch and Learns, hosting hackathons, and attending conferences
- Contribute to open-source initiatives
What you might own at Amount:
- The Customer Application: The first experience the customer has with Amount. You’ll likely be looking for ways to optimize the funnel or improve the flow for potential or returning customers.
- The In Progress Dashboard: The customer’s next step in being approved for a product, where their identity, income and other factors are verified. You’ll likely be looking for ways to speed up the time between applying and issuing a decision.
- The Customer Dashboard: Where the customer spends all of their time after being approved for a product. You’ll likely be working on improving and introducing new self-service workflows, saving the customer and our specialists time.
- A variety of internal tools, including our Admin & Partner applications: You’ll work on saving the time of customer specialists, providing a great experience for our partners, and making internal processes more efficient.
Why you are a fit for Amount:
- You enjoy building UIs with React, Redux, Typescript, and Webpack
- You care about performance and understanding the impacts on customers
- You are excited about refactoring and system design as we migrate to a service-based architecture and prepare for scaling and increasing data flow
- You are entrepreneurial, self-driven, and take pride in improving the experience of our customers
- You have strong knowledge of computer science fundamentals
- You thrive in a collaborative environment involving different stakeholders and subject matter experts and enjoys working with a diverse group of people with different expertise