Frontend Software Engineer
Avant is revolutionizing the world of lending by lowering the costs and barriers of borrowing for everyday people. At our core, we are a technology company that builds advanced platforms and uses custom analytics. Today, we help underserved consumers, the majority of whom get fast funding on our online platform without having to talk to anyone. Tomorrow we plan to use our world class technology and underwriting capabilities to launch new products and bank partnerships that improve people’s financial lives.
What you do at Avant:
- Work with other engineers and technical product managers to write, test, and deploy your code safely and automatically to production. We deploy multiple times a day
- Use frameworks like React and Angular to build world-class Single Page Applications
- Explore exciting new technologies like GraphQL and Progressive Web Apps
- Be a part of a strong culture of ownership, pragmatism, and testing
- Experience a culture that treats engineers as both teachers and students, and encourage this by presenting weekly Lunch and Learns, hosting hackathons, and attending conferences
- Contribute to open-source initiatives
What you might own at Avant:
- The Customer Application: The first experience the customer has with Avant. You’ll likely be looking for ways to optimize the funnel or improve the flow for potential or returning customers.
- The In Progress Dashboard: The customer’s next step in being approved for a product, where their identity, income and other factors are verified. You’ll likely be looking for ways to speed up the time between applying and issuing a decision.
- The Customer Dashboard: Where the customer spends all of their time after being approved for a product. You’ll likely be working on improving and introducing new self-service workflows, saving the customer and our specialists time.
- A variety of internal tools, including our Admin & Partner applications: You’ll work on saving the time of customer specialists, providing a great experience for our partners, and making internal processes more efficient.
Why you are a fit for Avant:
- You enjoy building UIs with React, Redux, Typescript, and Webpack
- You care about performance and understanding the impacts on customers
- You are excited about refactoring and system design as we migrate to a service-based architecture and prepare for scaling and increasing data flow
- You are entrepreneurial, self-driven, and take pride in improving the experience of our customers
- You have strong knowledge of computer science fundamentals
- You thrive in a collaborative environment involving different stakeholders and subject matter experts and enjoys working with a diverse group of people with different expertise
Why Avant is a fit for you:
At Avant, we believe our values make a difference:
We value, support, and help each other grow
We are committed to active inclusion and diversity
We are transparent and believe the best idea wins
We succeed when our customers succeed
We get sh!t done… responsibly
And we keep it fun!
We believe that ideas are more important than titles, everything is more fun together, everyone drives change, and everyone is an owner. While we believe the perks and benefits that we offer are terrific, nothing excites us more than having the ability to collaborate with intelligent, highly-motivated and talented people on challenging problems as we work to change the face of online lending.
Read Full Job Description