PowerReviews is a fast-growing software company who partners with more than 1,000 global brands and retailers to help them improve product and shopping experiences. Through user-generated feedback like reviews, Q&A, and customer surveys, PowerReviews connects the entire shopping experience giving both businesses and consumers critical information for making informed decisions.
In your role as a Java Software Engineer, you will work with our scrum teams to drive delivery of features that bring high performance, high usability and high stability within the context of our infrastructure, business practices, market pressures and planning cycles.
About Our Team:
We have a team-oriented culture, and you will find yourself working closely with other engineers of varying disciplines (Java, QA, DevOps, Front-End ReactJS, Full-Stack Ruby, etc), product, data science as well as other parts of the organization. We build and maintain a highly scalable platform that evolves to ever changing business requirements. We learn from our experiences to always improve, and we have fun and celebrate our successes.
Our Tech Stack:
We use AWS with many of our applications written in Java and using open-source technologies. Our engineers also look to adopt modern technologies to solve our business challenges.
- Frameworks: Spring (Boot, MVC, Security, etc.), React.js
- Databases: PostgreSQL, Neo4J Graph Database, ElasticSearch, Snowflake
- AWS: DynamoDB, RDS, Redshift, S3, ElastiCache/Redis, EMR, Lambda, Cloudfront, SQS, SNS, CloudFormation, ECS/Docker, Linux
- Developer/DevOps tools: Jenkins for CI and Deployment, Sumologic, Datadog, Maven, Git
- Take ownership of projects and collaborate with stakeholders to develop robust, multi-tiered web applications.
- Collaborate with front-end, QA, product, devops and UX teammates in an agile development environment.
- Add new features and maintain an existing codebase while learning a variety of technologies and working in the AWS ecosystem.
- Promote high quality code with thoughtful design, unit testing and automated functional testing.
- Proactively identify improvements within our infrastructure, production operations, and code base.
- Understanding of Java development, database modeling and design, and scalable web architectures.
- Professional experience with Java technologies and tools such as Spring Boot, Spring MVC, SQL, Hibernate/JPA, Maven, and IntelliJ/Eclipse.
- Experience developing REST API's
- Comfortable working with Git and Linux
- Should have 2-4 years experience in similar role
- Must hold a Bachelor's of Science degree in Computer Science/Engineering or equivalent
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
PowerReviews is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) that welcomes and encourages all applicants to apply regardless of age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify and/or expression, national origin, disability, veteran status, marital or parental status, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy or other reasons prohibited by law.