Junior DevOps Engineer
Leaf Trade | CHICAGO
Leaf Trade is the leading B2B marketplace between licensed wholesalers of cannabis products and dispensaries in the highly regulated cannabis markets. Leaf Trade’s suite of software features streamline order management and fulfillment by providing a CRM, essential integrations, and other enterprise tools that save time and help grow cannabis businesses.
Our customers range from single-state businesses that are just getting started, to the majority of the largest, enterprise-level, often publicly traded multi-state operators (MSO) that trust Leaf Trade as the defining standard of cannabis supply chain technology. Check out this feature in Forbes to learn more.
Leaf Trade is seeking a self-motivated, Junior DevOps Engineer to support the Lead DevOps engineer across a wide variety of initiatives.
Your primary initiatives would be supporting the web platform and data platform, and enablement of the engineers and data teams. A close second is supporting security initiatives and keeping the platform up to date with patches.
This requires a solid understanding of the SDLC, knowledge of best practices in engineering, and a willingness to apply them as we automate All The Things.
The keys to succeeding at the role are the ability to wear a lot of hats (we're a startup after all), intellectual curiosity, and an ability to get things done.
- Assist in managing and extending current AWS infrastructure with focus on Security, Resiliency, and Observability
- Automate All The Things (pipelines, github actions, AWS lambda/other services)
- Assist in R&D for process improvement and release speed
- Assist development team in automation/performance optimizations and best practice adoption
2-3 years of sysadmin or devops experience, or 3-5 years of software development experience
Desired Skills & Attributes
- Familiarity with the following tools and technologies:
- Github/Github Actions
- Your choice of shell script (bash/zsh heavily used)
- Python/Django web platform
- Postgres database, with Aurora being a plus
- Experience working in high availability environments
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- You are results and deadline focused
- You are a team-player, but you also thrive working autonomously
- Flexible PTO and sick day policy, holidays
- Competitive salary and 401k
- Comprehensive health coverage (medical, dental, vision)
- Meaningful stock option plan
- Vibrant company culture within a casual environment
Leaf Trade is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.