Junior Java Developer
Discover. A more rewarding way to work.
At Discover Financial Services, you’ll find yourself in the company of some of the industry’s smartest and most reliable professionals. And at a company that rewards dedication, values innovation and supports growth.
Thrive in an environment that promotes teamwork and shared success. Build on a foundation of mutual respect. Join the company that understands rewarding careers like no other, with this exceptional opportunity:
Associate, Programming – Java Developer – PG05
Currently seeking thoughtful, enthusiastic software engineering professionals to be part the cardmember posting & billing (CPB) team. In this role, the individual will work in a highly technical agile team which handles foundational work for the build out and maintenance of the CPB application utilizing the latest Discover platforms for continuous delivery and cloud development. The individual will be required to foster collaboration and provide thought leadership while contributing to core products for the department.
Job Responsibilities include:
- Actively participate and contribute in all project ceremonies such as iteration planning, story grooming, daily standups, and retrospective meetings.
- Deliver on all product development phases from planning, application development, release, and support.
- Drive product quality through test driven development.
- Ensure applications meet security, high availability, and maintainability requirements.
- Develop application code using Java and Spring Framework.
- Develop API endpoints to support internal and external requests.
- Develop / maintain a CICD pipeline to build, test, and deploy application artifacts.
- Learn new technologies and promote the adoption of new frameworks to gain competitive edge in delivering value to customers.
- Take necessary steps (prioritization, mentoring, and assistance) to enable the team to be a high value, cross-functional, autonomous unit.
- Promote a risk-aware culture, ensure efficient and effective risk and compliance management practices by adhering to require standards and processes
****WE ARE UNABLE TO PROVIDE VISA SPONSORSHIP NOW OR IN THE FUTURE FOR THIS ROLE*****
Since Discover launched in 1986, weve made a business of redefining the credit card industry for the better. We were first to have no annual fee, first to offer cash rewards, first to provide 24/7 customer service, and we rank #1 in customer loyalty. As a Fortune 500 company, we strive to provide our employees with an environment where they can contribute in a way thats different from other large institutions. If youre looking for a place to make a difference and let your voice shine through, wed love to meet you.
Apply today at discover.com/careers.
Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, among other things, or as a qualified individual with a disability.
- Bachelors Degree
- 1+ years of work experience in Java development or similar
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Self-motivated, team motivator and team player
- Exposure to architectural patterns at scale; including thoughtfully-designed APIs, repeatable delivery pipelines, and efficient CS principles
- High level understanding of open source projects
- Ability to deliver quality code at all tiers across the technical stack
- High Level understanding of emerging trends in software engineering
- Belief that empowered individuals make great teammates
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.