Kin + Carta is looking for a Kubernetes Platform Engineer with a system engineering and development background to join our growing team in our Cloud Native Practice. This is a new position at Kin + Carta, and you’ll be helping to continue building out this client offering.
We want all new hires to succeed in their roles at Kin + Carta. That's why we've outlined the job requirements below. To be considered for this role, it's important that you meet all Minimum Qualifications. If you do not meet all of the Preferred Qualifications, we still encourage you to apply.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- Strong core development skills with experience writing and reviewing code in Git based workflow
- Comfortable working in a collaborative environment with individuals locally and distributed globally
- Proactive inclination to break down complex problems into steps that drive customer value
- Must be effective in working both independently and in a team setting
- Willingness to occasionally travel within the United States (and potentially UK)
- At least one year of experience in architecture, configuration, delivery and operational services in at least one Kubernetes-based environment (e.g. AKS, EKS, GKE, PKS, Openshift, Rancher)
- Experience configuring and maintaining Kubernetes clusters with deep, demonstrable knowledge of kubectl and kops
- Experience with core deployment tools such as Kustomize, Helm
- Experience building and packaging applications across polyglot environments based on platforms such as Java, .NET, Node, Go, Python, or Ruby
- Experience with configuring in-cluster Kubernetes objects: workloads, services, load-balancing, network ingress, security, policies, secrets
- Experience configuring Kubernetes logging, monitoring, alerting systems
- Experience hardening production-grade Kubernetes clusters
- Experience patching and updating Kubernetes clusters
- Experience with service mesh technologies such as Istio, Consul or LinkerD
- Experience automating IT Operations processes via automated pipelines using common scripting languages including Shell, Python, PowerShell, Azure CLI, Golang or Ruby
- Experience with infrastructure as code configuration technologies including Terraform, Chef, Puppet, SaltStack, Ansible, ARM, Packer
- System Administrator (Linux or Windows) experience
- Solid understanding of systems monitoring, alerting and analytics
- Experience working with NTP, SAML, OAUTH2 or Active Directory
- Experience in creating application delivery workflows (Spinnaker, Argo, Tekton, or JenkinsX))
- Certified Kubernetes Administrator (CKA)
- Certifications in Google (Professional Cloud DevOps Engineer) or Microsoft (DevOps Engineer Expert)
About Kin + Carta
Kin + Carta exists to make the world work better by delivering transformative digital growth for our clients. As a digital transformation firm, we apply creativity, data, and technology to help clients invent, market, and operate new digital products and services that turn prospects into customers, and customers into advocates. Kin + Carta seamlessly integrates the strategic consulting, software engineering, and marketing technology needed to help businesses 'Make It Happen'.
Consultants at Kin + Carta have the opportunity to: engage with the most cutting-edge emerging technologies, solve difficult problems for some of the world’s biggest companies, and work within a breadth of industries.
Kin + Carta is headquartered in Chicago and London with offices across four continents. Our culture and shared ways of working unite us globally, but it’s our diverse specialisms, our connections, and our courage that makes our firm a recognized best place to work.
We welcome our Kin to show up as their full selves every day. Because this is so important to us, Kin + Carta is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. To read further about our commitment to Inclusion, Diversity, Equity, and Awareness, check out our IDEA page on our website.
If you need accommodations at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.