Lead Automation Engineer
Discover. A more rewarding way to work.
At Discover Financial Services, you’ll find yourself in the company of some of the industry’s smartest and most reliable professionals. And at a company that rewards dedication, values innovation and supports growth.
Thrive in an environment that promotes teamwork and shared success. Build on a foundation of mutual respect. Join the company that understands rewarding careers like no other, with this exceptional opportunity:
At Discover, be part of a culture where diversity, teamwork and collaboration reign. Join a company that is just as employee-focused as it is on its customers and is consistently awarded for both. We’re all about people, and our employees are why Discover is a great place to work. Be the reason we help millions of consumers build a brighter financial future and achieve yours along the way with a rewarding career.
We’re looking for a lead automation engineer whom will gather requirements, build, test, and deploy automation workflows using the industry-standard tools such as ServiceNow Orchestration, Jenkins, Ansible, and Chef with minimal oversight. This individual will utilize best practices to optimize processes using automation. They will identify ways to reduce incident-handling time/change-implementation time and greatly improve overall service delivery.
- Researches and gathers requirements for automation from users.
- Designs, builds, tests, and implements automation workflows in ServiceNow Orchestration.
- Researches and gathers requirements for monitoring from users.
- Designs, builds, tests, and implements monitoring using AppDynamics/CA UIM/Big Panda.
- Researches, identifies, and documents best practices for use by the team.
- Provides mentoring/oversight to lower-level employees on the team.
At a minimum, here’s what we need from you:
- Bachelor’s Degree Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, or related field
- 2+ years of experience in Information Technology, or related field
- In lieu of a degree, 4+ years of experience in Information Technology, or related field
If we had our say, we’d also look for:
- 7+ years of experience in Information Technology, or related field
- ServiceNow Application Developer Certification
- Jenkins Certification
- Ansible Certification
- ITIL foundations, or related certification
Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, among other things, or as a qualified individual with a disability.
So, what are you waiting for? Apply today!